No Wonder I Left!!

Its no wonder I left Nottingham and in fact England, I was so disalussioned at what I saw happening down there. Here is another half baked ruling that has made me glad I left for good... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8615076.stm

They are penalising hundreds of dog owners for the failure of a few who do not scoop the poop. But the army of people they are going to have to enforce this could have been employed to catch the non picker ups and come down heavy on them instead of penalising everyone. I am glad to say that my 2 dogs have a life of luxury,I open the garden gate and they have a beach to themselves only 30 yards away, no traffic whatsoever, no people or other dogs....and no one with binoculars and camera's checking on where they do their poo!!! I feel sorry for anyone owning a well behaved dog in England these days, like smokers, they are being persecuted!!

Owdtite.

Sorry Owdtite , and not wanting to sound like I'm starting an argument, but I'm all for our parks being cleaned up.

Opposite where I live is a nice "Village Green" type piece of land which is impossible to allow my kids to play on because of the amount of dog 'do' on there. I (now I'm going to sound like a 'curtain twitcher') have taken several pictures of at least half a dozen inconsiderate owners allowing their pride and joys to foul it and then failing to clean up afterwards.!!

Of course our local council have done nothing about it, even though one of the 'dog lovers' allows his dogs to run riot on there with out fail every afternoon at 4.00pm come hell or high water, as my photos prove with the time log.

It's a kid's park for christ sake not a dogs shit house !!!!

This is exactly my point Beefy, every dog owner is now going to be penalised for the few that leave the mess, why coudnt the authorities do more to prosecute these people, they are now going to employ an Army of people to stop owners taking their dogs into these open places so why cant this Army be employed just to catch the bad ones who leave the mess. Its like stopping everyone from drinking alcohol just because a minority abuse it! Imagine the uproar if that ever happened. I agree your bit of green isnt a dog toilet and I would be only to happy to see the ones that dont pick up slammed in prison,they deserve no less!

Owdtite.

Living in the paradise of Caithness has clearly taken it's toll on reality.

I have two dogs, they take great delight in crapping on the football pitches up the road from me, I clean it up as best I can, they may have been encouraged to have a good clear out in the fields out the back, but I can't stop them.

Clearly your dogs have a good old blast on your beach, not so many people around there have that opportunity, the tide washes it away as well I presume.

It's all part of a programme to try and ban 'dangerous dogs', the government are dithering, they don't know what to do about it. We have a culture of Staffies around here, the brindle badge of courage, I noticed when I went up to Nottingham last week that the same code to the so called hard men applied, poor Staffies, being brought up in bad homes no doubt.

I think that dog ownership has got out of control since the end of the liscensing laws, we go up to our local rescue centre and see these poor dogs, mainly Staffies, clearly misused and dumped. We have our rescued stray Jack Russell, we suspect he had a terrible life at the hands of Pykies, he can't work out what life for a loved dog is all about yet, everyday is a momentous occasion for him.

Dog owners are being persecuted because of the irresponsible one's, but no-one in power seems to know what to do about it and that's the problem, the dog s### issue is just an excuse.

I'm not in power but I know exactly what to do about it!!

Every puppy should be tagged at birth from now, at the owners expense, every adult dog under 6 years of age should be tagged at the owners expense.(So in theory, all dogs should , in ten years time, have a tag, ) any dogs found not to be tagged in ten years time are put down on the spot, at the owners expense with one exception (Dogs over 16 years of age)

Any profits from the tagging scheme will go towards paying for dog 541t wardens, and dog tag wardens .

We have the technology to scan these tags from space, so I'm pretty sure they can be scanned from a remote unit in situe in parks and streets, al la CCTV, setting off an alarm at the monitoring centre, al la automatic numberplate recognition, if a dog is seen with out a tag.

I know I'm not a dog owner and that's pretty obvious, but to all those bleeding heart liberals out there I say this; If I am going to be forced to carry an ID card (Again, at my expense) and I do no wrong , I am having to do it because of all the bad people in the world.

In the same way I don't have a dog, so I shouldn't have to pay to clean up the bad owners wrong doings, it should be down to other dog owners, if they had to start paying out of their own pockets they would soon start to say things about the people they see allowing this to happen , and maybe, just maybe , if their are enough complaints about the one or two bad owners who let the rest of the good owners down, then action may be taken against that individual!!

I know my parents both went out with a plastic bag in their pockets when walking their dogs , and always cleaned up after them . If they can do it why not every body else ??

It's just bad irresponsible owners at the end of the day.

As the owner of three dogs, I agree that they should enforce the fouling, not

the taking of dogs on parks.

It should be an offence to have a dog on a lead in any public area without

having the means of picking up their poo.

In fact you should have the bags visibly fastened to the dogs lead, so that you can

be asked to produce same, if they are not on view.

In full agreement here. I have a rescued ex-racing greyhound, the third I`ve homed via the Retired Greyhounds Trust. Brilliant dogs all.

I`ve found that the amount of dog droppings on our local park has increased tremendously over the last year.

Another thing that worries me, though, is the number of people who take their dogs out off the lead. My dog has been attacked twice by loose dogs - on the street, not on the field.

I never know what to do because I daren`t let him off the lead but he`s in a vulnerable position being on the lead when they`re loose - if you see what I mean.

Luckily, he wasn`t injured either time but it does make me nervous when I take him out.

Not just the dogs either, actually.

I was walking to the park last year when a large dog - looked sort of staffie/mastiff - came running across the road towards us. I poked my stick towards it defensively to be met with a tirade from a teenage girl across the road.

"Don`t lift your stick to my dog you ****ing ******. I`ll f***ing stab you if you touch him."

I was more scared of her than of her dog, which ran back to her when she called it.

Well, reading your comments on here (especially Eileens) yes, it seems I have been spoilt by living out in the wilds. I do actually pick my mess up even though in winter we get nobody down here and only a few in Summer, I pick it up because its the right thing to do and I dont want to tread in it myself the next day.I am still seething that everyone in the Newark area is going to be penalised, how does this fixed penalty thing work? If I got caught with my dog in a green area and was approached by the Warden, what is to stop me giving a false name & address? It just seems to me that its yet another rule/law that cannot be Policed properly.Is it the Council making out to the voters that they are doing something about the issue? As I see it, the ones that let their dog foul the green areas will continue to do it or they will just let the dogs foul on the pavement...Problem solved??? I think not!!!!!!

Owdtite.

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was 'having a go' Owdtite, and I had absolutely no doubt that you cleared your dogs mess up as you went along , like most people would. It just makes me mad that my kids can't play on the local grassy area as it's covered in dog do, even though there's a red dog pooh bin on there, (It's not like these ignorant tw*ts would even have to carry it home with them !!)

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was 'having a go' Owdtite, and I had absolutely no doubt that you cleared your dogs mess up as you went along , like most people would. It just makes me mad that my kids can't play on the local grassy area as it's covered in dog do, even though there's a red dog pooh bin on there, (It's not like these ignorant tw*ts would even have to carry it home with them !!)

Dontworry about it Beefy, I have had dogs and kids most of my life so I know the problems, theres nothing worse than having to clean dog crap from your kids shoes.I suppose I am getting really fed up with the rule makers of this country penalising the majority instead of tackling the minority few who actually cause the problems. The latest of course is the minimum price for booze, to stop the kids from affording it and getting rat ar**d they decide to put up the price for all of us, so the little Old Lady who enjoys a milk stout on a Sunday has got to pay more because the Govt dont know how to stop kids from getting drunk and killing themselves.. They have taken away the rights of smokers, dog owners and now drinkers, what a Nanny state we live in, what next, you are only allowed 2 Durex a week???

Owdtite.

Those "tags" chip implants have been found to cause aggressive cancer in dogs. I'll have to dig the links out, they don't look very pretty either! Seems dogs have a natural allergy to something in the chips.

Smoking has been found to cause cancer but they won't ban it !!!!! just as many dogs die from passive smoking as do humans!!