Back on topic - I woke up Sunday morning after the storm to this - Hence me missing my yearly trip to Wollaton Parks Autokarma

06-06-10007.jpg

Which came from his smallish crack.

06-06-10012.jpg

Which in about 1 hour later caved in.

06-06-10027.jpg

After drying out - fell in.

06-06-10030.jpg

Guest Flatcap Driver Rides Again

??????????????????????

??????????????????????, You say???

If thats the best you can post, then dont even bother.

Thats what I say

Flatcap - don't worry - he won't be posting anymore! cheers.gif

I've kept my nose out of this topic so as not to upset anybody with tales of bright sunshine over here, as I seem to remember upsetting a certain member the last time we spoke of the rain , and he got vexed that I was posting updates on the situation here in Cheshire, (If you remember SWMBO and I had just finished building the kids a safe play area towards the end of June 2007 when it started to rain , it stopped sometime in August!!!)

Anyway I digress , as I said I didn't want to upset anybody with the tales of bright sunshine , but has been just that , proper summer weather, ...............Until today,...........I woke full of the joys of , er, Summer with the intention of mowing the lawn and cutting the hedge, I have a brew and a bacon buttie (Purely medicinal of course) and it decides to drop a few spots , OK thinks I give it 5 minutes , 5 hours later it's coming down with 2 inch centres!!! Stair rods, or whatever else you want to call it . Every cloud etc!!

So watch out Nott'm there's more on the way!!!

My Cockatiel wouldnt stop screeching 2 days beform the storm so i think he knew it was coming, and today he's started again, at this moment he is running up an down his perch shouting as loud as possible !rotfl!

He never knows when to shut his beak, mind you he is spoilt he likes to be hand fed and at 9pm on the dot he shouts till we cover him up he has a great taste in music too he bobs around to the Beach Boys

He never knows when to shut his beak, mind you he is spoilt he likes to be hand fed and at 9pm on the dot he shouts till we cover him up he has a great taste in music too he bobs around to the Beach Boys

I knew an aunt like that she too liked the beach boys and needed covering up at night. !cheers!

Parrots cockatiels or any birds come to that in the house aren’t for us

Once had a budgie, when single, by the name of slow coach, I had him stuffed, not until he was dead you understand, bit painful for him if he wasn’t, I renamed him speedy after that. !rotfl!

Not heard or read anything about it on news etc but couple of guys we spoke to down pub last night were going on about a storm that hit central Nottingham yesterday teatime? at Radcliffe there were a few drips of rain, but they said Monsoon proportions around Broad Marsh with roads flooded and traffic marooned? Reminds me of the "lake" we somtimes got Western Boulevard near where Church St joined, one sunday a VW caravette hit such at about 40 mph aqua planed, did about 3 full 360 degree spins and finished up crossing central reservation then continuing wrong side of road never slowed, one continous movement, reminded me of some ice dance routine! another time a cast iron manhole cover wieghing about half a cwt was balancing like those ping pong balls at goose fair rifle ranges on a fountain of water rushing out a drain about 5 ft off the ground

How much do you think i would get for him if i rented him out !rotfl! .

i never heard anything on the news about the flooding in Broard Marsh