Any Air Con Engineers On Here?

Or anyone know anything about these semi portable units? ours is a s/h split one and wondering if it needs re gassing? it's chucking out air at approx 9c which is great to stand in front of but does not appear to be bringing room temp down, any advise or telephone no. for honeywell aircon welcome

How old is it and does the compressor seem to run all the time or a lot of the time?

If the compressor is running a lot, then it probably needs refrigerant - it obviously has some since it is working a little - if it runs too low it will destroy the compressor. However, if it is an old unit that uses freon, you may not be ably to have it refilled, or it may be prohibitively expensive. The alternative is to possibly have it converted to newer refrigerant, cheaper than freon, but still may be more than the unit is worth. If it uses a new refrigerant, topping it off should be pretty cheap.

Sorry, don't have any contacts over there to recommend. Over here a quick scan of the yellow pages will find several - to check/top off our home A/C typically costs about $150

Good luck!

Or do like normal people do , and go without!!

If it were gud enuff fer my parents then it's gud enuff fer yew

Failing that , have a route around in here old boy!!

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/honeywell/

We're not normal! and doubt mam and dad's place got up to 94f? was nothing on that website any help but following Limey's post have took label off back of unit and found some wop serial number and using that found a site who have confirmed latest R410 refrig used and first thing to test is unit with internal doors shut, bit difficult as no internal doors bar bog/bathroom ! but will try with blanket over "door hole" and if we get temp down in front room will sort something more perm, thanks to both of you

What do you mean by Semi portable Unit?

We have a Split air con downstairs, and one of those portable B&Q jobbies in the bedroom

Yes R410 is the latest approved gas. R22 is a no no!

We have a member who is an air conditioning engineer but he is not active here at the moment.

I would have thought any vehicle aircon service centre could purge and refill it for you?

think I've cured such, had the outside unit under the caravan, would have thought enough air exchange there but was getting really hot around it, have now (temp) pulled unit clear and output alot colder (inside bearable!) thanks for advise

think I've cured such, had the outside unit under the caravan, would have thought enough air exchange there but was getting really hot around it, have now (temp) pulled unit clear and output alot colder (inside bearable!) thanks for advise

I thought it was feeling a tad cooler over at Stoke Bardolph this afternoon, Ashley, cheers!

I've got really good tomato plants growing at the side of my house this year - do you think it is a bad sign?

they got some good tomato plants there, and mick the cess pit emptier actually had an in fruit one growing in "muck" around back of his tanker lorry last year!

Yum! the air is so 'bracing' around there too!

• 11 months later...

The window units dont have a valve for recharging & they dont tell you whats in as far as gas. But they are really inexpensive here , Nobody fixes anything anymore

There should be a 20deg f differential from what the air temp is to what comes out of the ac

My son is Hvac tech, Really slow right now as we only reached 80 today first time all year, its usually over 100 at this time