piggy and babs    539

font know if you have read this post but its well worth a read nev

Karlton    578

jumping in on this topic a few more memories come to mind. We lived at 109 from 1960 to 1968. had four children Susan Steven Susan and Vernon. Mrs Davis lived at 107 Mr&mrs Varney 111 their daughter had a bubble car. Maureen &Trevor Alan 113 moved to Australia. I remember Mr&mrs brightman's garage. Mrs Robson& daughters Linda &Pearl. Mr Scarborough on opposite side who was caretaker at Chandos school.

Mrs Walker ran the corner shop and was then taken over by Kate& Albert Walsh and two daughters Kath & Ann keen forest supporters.

Sam Issom had his roofing firm next to Norman Villas and later moved his firm to Emerys road. Harry and Joan Howse lived in Norman Villas, and harry worked for Sam issom. and so did I for a short while. I remember Ned and shirley Palmer had two children Christine and John lived further up on the opposite side near the park.

• Upvote 1

LizzieM    4,822

Karlton, as I've mentioned before, I lived on Norman Villas, No. 6, on the right of the entry, from 1949 til March 1958. I remember the Issoms living there and played with their daughter Shirley. Another friend was Joan VARNEY, slightly older than me and she must have been the girl with the bubble car when you were living down there. I have a photo of Joan and me, but it's glued into a family album. My memories are fairly scant as I was only 8 when we moved to Arnold. Did you know the Humphreys, about half way down the street on the right hand side. They had a daughter Lesley and a son Ian who was deaf. Next door to them were the Aslins who had 2 daughters, Sarah and ?, and a son John who became a professional racing cyclist and who I went out with for quite a while (around 1969-70).

Well done for remembering so many names and house numbers, LOL

Karlton    578

lizzieM #53 Thanks for you're interest Lizzie but no I don't remember the humphreys but there was a friend of ours a jean humphreys who married an Attenborough and lived on Belvoir road opposite Chandos gates we also knew her mum and dad who lived futther down chandos st but probably not the same Humphreys you mentioned.

On 2/18/2015 at 9:13 AM, Karlton said:

jumping in on this topic a few more memories come to mind. We lived at 109 from 1960 to 1968. had four children Susan Steven Susan and Vernon. Mrs Davis lived at 107 Mr&mrs Varney 111 their daughter had a bubble car. Maureen &Trevor Alan 113 moved to Australia. I remember Mr&mrs brightman's garage. Mrs Robson& daughters Linda &Pearl. Mr Scarborough on opposite side who was caretaker at Chandos school.

Mrs Walker ran the corner shop and was then taken over by Kate& Albert Walsh and two daughters Kath & Ann keen forest supporters.

Sam Issom had his roofing firm next to Norman Villas and later moved his firm to Emerys road. Harry and Joan Howse lived in Norman Villas, and harry worked for Sam issom. and so did I for a short while. I remember Ned and shirley Palmer had two children Christine and John lived further up on the opposite side near the park.

John palmer. Was he the one that had a black panther and a brown bear 

benjamin1945    8,165

Don't think Karlton's been on lately.Wayne,..........but i'll talk to ya,..........mind you know nowt about Dunstan st,.................

loppylugs    4,826

Hi Wayne.  Yes there's still some of us here.  I didn't live on Dunstan Street, but I walked it every day on my way to Chandos school in the fifties. I have a few photo's of Netherfield, Deabill street on here somewhere, but can't remember where.  Just do a search on it.  It should come up.  Failing that Cliff our expert on these matters should be able to dig them out.

LizzieM    4,822

I'm still here too. I lived down Dunstan Street for my first 8  years and have posted on this thread.  I've recently made contact with Kate Aslin who lived at 106 Dunstan Street, I went out with her brother John who sadly passed away in 1998. 

Hi every one came back th Netherfield last week had a walk and drive about not changed much. Had chips at mos me and my dad loved it. See my grandads old pub flats. His shop on Chandos st turned back I. To a house  where's a

l the schools gone