A few years back, my brother Alan ( A member of the Ilkeston Sub Aqua Club ) and some mates were out in a boat off the Breakwater in Plymouth Harbour doing some diving. Alan came to the surface and found he had lost his ( Expensive ) watch. After a number of fruitless searches of the bottom they gave up.

A storm blew up and lasted a good while and curtailed going out for a day or two. The weather improved and off they went, about two miles off shore and one guy said " Eh Danny it`s about here where you lost your watch how about diving here " " Don`t be daft" or such other comments were made. Anyway Alan went down the Anchor Chain, and you guessed it his Watch was in his face right there !!!!.

Some years ago, at work, I lost my car keys.

Only found them to be lost at home time and spent a good half hour looking for them!

You know where they were?

In the fridge in the snap room, Where I had put them with my snap box,

so I wouldn't forget to take it home!

And that was probably 25 years ago!

We have "pack" rats here, if any shiny object goes missing, locate the nearest pack rats nest and break it apart, chance are you'll find the missing object....Small sockets etc..

It helps save your live if you run out of Air, also Divers have come up late and found the Boat gone if the crew have miss counted returning Divers,. Thats why Divers wear watches.

I agree swimmers with Watches on are just making a statement or don`t want the Watch nicked whilst swimming, which makes sense.

http://www.watchxl.c...h-vp5028bk.html

I did have a watch nicked while I was swimming once - ever since I have bought waterproof watches and wear them while swimming.

Sorry, no strange psychological reasons, simple practicality!

knew and understood re divers, hence me saying swimmers, was thinking more of Noel St baths or hotel swimming pool, my shoes are waterproof, but I don't go jumping in puddles to prove it, (well not lately,lol)