Speed Camera (and other) Statistics

Me too, less in Basford than I thought.

As I said Lizzie, rubbish !

At weekends we sometimes get large groups of cyclists literally "speeding" through a local village with a 30 mph limit.

If ever the village had a speed camera would it register a speeding cyclist and if so how would they know who to send the ticket to?

This is a genuine question, as I really do not know......

This also made me think of something else, if an accident happened involving one of these cyclists and (like some motorists) they decided not to stop, how could they be traced.

I think the time is ripe to introduce a basic road test for every cyclist, a means of identifying every cyclist and some form of insurance.

This made me think of even more things.......... Can cyclists be banned or breathalysed?

I do actually know someone who was breathalysed and fined for being drunk in charge of a shopping trolley !

Smiffy

PS:- I have nothing against cyclists, I ride a bike myself.

• Upvote 1

Smiffy49 (#29), reading your post reminded me of passing the 'Bicycle Proficiency Test' when I was a kid. I felt so proud riding around with the green, triangular shaped flag fastened to the handlebar. lol. Can anyone else remember them?.

Not a flag Michael but I still have a triangular metal badge when I passed. I remember all we had to do was ride around the school playground, I don't think we were taken out on the road

#30 - I must own up and admit that I still have my flag (somewhere) !

It was fixed (proudly) onto the handlebars with a small chrome clip, next to the Sturmey Archer - 3 speed changer....

Also complete with white saddle bag and lolly (sucker) stick, to make the cycle sound like a motor bike.

Smiffy

I'm sure my badge was a round one and made of a very light flimsy material. I didn't have I on my full sized bike which had those "gull wing" type of handlebars. It seemed a bit naff at 15.

Drunk in charge of a bycycle is an offence Smiffy49, read my post on "get what you deserve" (I think it is), Like you I am a cyclist but these Lycra louts have changed my mind about a lot just lately

Rog

When I took the advanced driving test the examiner said "I want you to do the speed limit for the road, unless the conditions dictate otherwise!" I did & passed. Mind you I didn't like the running commentary bit, that made me sweat..