• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her name's Etta (The Lambretta), I'm an Etta James fan.................

Trying to recapture my Mod days of mid sixties, & now retired, I 've just purchased a 1964 Li 150 import from Italy got my new number & all is good to go with my renovation of this lovely icon

Some very nice scooters on these photos :

FANTASTIC! Worra Scooby Doo! Love the chroming - did the expansion box make a difference to the performance? I once tried a similar arrangement on my Series III LI150 but it took all the guts out of it so I ended up reverting to the standard pipe.

Compo, back in the 60's we were more interested in chrome accessories than tuning up the scooters.Had a sport exhaust on the Vespa's - chrome of course. The ss had 12-volt electrics, which was pretty good. There was a fuel injection kit (Walt Philp) but guys I know who've used it, took it off in a matter of days, and never used it. When it comes to mechanics, I'm totally clueless. Used to have a biker guy in Bulwell do work on the scooters and also Glenn's motors, where I knew most of the guys. Some of the scooters I've seen recently in the UK had fabulous paint work, airbrush. I will post some.

I spent a lot of my life tuning 2strokes

The expansion chamber was tuned to act like a supercharger by overfilling the cylinder

BUT you had to get the jetting of the carb right or the big bang or more like a yaaaaaap would result

No way could you just bolt on a pipe without richening the mixture (More power means more fuel).