Two forms of transport but where?

Just looked up the castle marina. I was surprised to see all those streets and a marina just there! You are almost spot on Fynger. It is a piece of land I took on as an allotment from the council in 1978ish. The canal runs under the railway at this point and the "New" (to me anyway) marina is just the other side of the bridge.

Take a bonus point :o)

It is a piece of land I took on as an allotment from the council in 1978ish. The canal runs under the railway at this point and the "New" (to me anyway) marina is just the other side of the bridge.

In that case I think this (not the best photo I've ever taken) is the same bridge around 1998. It's from the canal towpath going from Castle Marina towards Lenton Lane

bridge-1.jpg

That is it Cliff Ton and yes Taxi Ray - it did have a pylon in it. It was a very wet piece of ground but much effort in drainage ditching sorted the problem out ok.

I heve a picture of the pylon somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find it!

That was a schoolfriends dads allotment, he had it at about the same time as you, so probably before you, as i can remember he had it about 76- 77, his dad was the manager of the Liptons supermarket in Lenton.

I lived on Grove road then so it was very local to me, being at the beginning of the lane that ran from Grove road to Gregory street.

I have crossed that railway bridge many a time, it was all part of our playground.

That's the one Ray. He lost interest in it and it became overgrown and swampy. I took it over but he retained rights. When I left I don't think he went back to it.