Miles off topic but:

Not the Royal Oak Stu - it's a designated war grave and diving is not permitted. The steel/Iron comes from the remains of the German fleet, scuttled in Scapa flow in 1919.

incidentally, the navy planted a White Ensign flag on the Royal Oak whilst I was living by Scapa Flow. The current causes it to stream out from the stern of the wreck like a battle flag.

I do beg your pardon - I blame tiredness - I was up at 0530 this morning to get SWMBO off to Inverness for an 0930 Interview. It's a 2½hr drive.

I THINK I SPOTTED THE SNAKE COMPO IN THAT LITTLE DIP. IF NOT ITS HIDDEN REALL WELL . GLAD I WASENT THERE OR I WOULD HAVE REALY FREAKED OUT SNAKES ARE MY BIG PHOBIA.

Ashley: There are still five ships at the bottom of the Flow. Of 52 ships: ten were battleships, five battelcruisers, five cruisers and 32 destroyers. Most were salvaged between the wars but five still remain and are a big tourist attraction for deepwater divers.

Found this: Minor salvage is still carried out to recover small pieces of steel. This low-background steel is used in the manufacture of radiation-sensitive devices, such as Geiger counters, as it is not contaminated with radioisotopes, it having been produced prior to any chance of nuclear contamination.