• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia was never devised as an 'age' specific forum, I am sure younger members of the site will miss things or not like changes of a recent nature.

Echo the sentiment re Trinity Square, it's a disaster. http://timgarrattnottingham.co.uk/2009/12/30/a-right-mess-at-trinity-square/ Moulin Rouge - how it was:

I'm not a big fan of the programme, but Top Gear did a thing about Reliant Robins and it's one of their funnier items

Hi Jackson,doin' good,hope this Easter week-end finds you in the best of health.

You had some nerve going in the Windmill,I thought that it was for male perv's.

:Shock:

I'm fed up of the cold mudgie and what's more - on top of that - I have a cold! :angry2:

'I Am Curious Yellow' - remember that film title from years back? Well that was me curious, that's why I'd go and see a nudge, nudge ;);) film. I was probably under age - don't forget we had the X rated Certs back then - a big draw to getting those who shouldn't . . . In.

The Moulin Rouge was the only picture house around that showed Continental films; a taste of what life was like for our not-too-close neighbours before we did the wrong thing by entering the Common Market!

Mudgie, the 'Moulin Rouge' wasn't a place for 'pervs'; the cinema that had that reputation was the one on Market Street, was it called the 'Classic' or 'Scala'?

The 'Moulin Rouge' was "more of ya Intellectual Picture place". I know this because Del Boy told me when I sold him the Reliant Robin. :crazy:

I was always anti common market,and was pleased when the UK turned away from the Euro-play money.

It would be in the same economic mess as the rest of the EU.

In 1968 at the Moulin Rouge, us lads went to see a french B&W film, '17'

about a young lad on a train journey. I was approaching the age of 17 at the time.

Very cultural it was.

Mick,your lack of culture is terrible,Marianne Faithfull in skin tight leathers!!!!!shows a real lack of education 'me lad'.

Thanks' Fynger,maybe the leather next time for Mick cool2

Anyone see a film called "The Leather Boys" about a group of Ace Café bikers in the early 60s?

Dear Ms Jackson,

Did you really have a Reliant? Or as it said on the transparent green band across the top of the windscreen on mine "Plastic Nasty"? (Instead of Tom and Jenny or Bob and Carol etc..).