Remember Mail order catalogues?

I don't recall the model now, it's wrapped up and boxed at the back of my workshop, from what I recall, it covered LW/MW/FM band, had about three short wave bands. Been years since it's been powered up, probably needs a new set of electrolytic caps by now and re aligning, one day I'll dig it out, was a nice readio in it's hey day.

First thing i went on tick for was a 2 transistor radio from Owin Alex (Phillips)

Someone figured out that if you dont pay people enough you can loan them money & charge them interest

First thing i went on tick for was a 2 transistor radio from Owin Alex (Phillips)

Someone figured out that if you dont pay people enough you can loan them money & charge them interest

Sotty to be pedantic dgbrit, but wasn't that Alex Owen, or have I got the wrong retailer from the 60's?

just thinking on.....................sotty (sotteh) would be the Notts pronunciation of Sooty, as in 'aymgooinom ter woch sutteh on telleh'

Sotty to be pedantic dgbrit, but wasn't that Alex Owen, or have I got the wrong retailer from the 60's?

Yes it was Alex Owen but i called him Owing Alex (Pun)

Okay dgbrit, I now understand, but your 'g' fell off the earlier post........................... kickme

I ope it makes you appy, but how did you order a uinness or a in & tonic, or even a 'ottle of eer' if you were a ventrilokwiss!!

Dont dwink so's nerra ad a problem wi ordrin fings

Change TH's into a V, Eg Weaver,Fevver, & Leavver or a F at the begginin, Eg Fink, Fought,Fing etc

Fink its gerrin a bit complicated

I still have a Hoover Constellation vacuum cleaner (G) - in working order too! £21 well spent.

Pages479.jpg

Anyone like to see what the fashionable man and woman was wearing in Spring of 1967, according to Littlewoods catalogue?