This is one of my jobs, getting rid of blackberry vines! Sadly I neglected this field, and here we have two years worth of growth!!! The area in front of the blackberries has been cleared.

DSC_0085wedapril11northeastblackberries.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is looking north in the same field, I've already cleared a lot of scrub, but there's a couple of hours work up to the fence line to clear out.

DSC_0084wedapril11.jpg

There's still plenty of vines around Mick, enough to fill hundreds of pies...

That golf green needs more attention, I can't see the hole..................................can't even see the flag......................

More like a "rough" Paulus, it's only rough mown, probably about three inches high.

No, but can't rule out the odd cougar or two.....

The only thing you'll find around here are blackberries and brush... Mind you, it's common knowledge there's meth labs and weed farms in the state forest to the north of us....

We've been busy packing the last few days,to move to the new house.

Can you believe we are 'downsizing' to move into a bigger place.

other than that, just another day in sunny Florida.

I hate moving, always seem to have twice as much junk as the last move!

Won't be "brush hogging" today, looks like it's going to rain, according toe radar, it's not far off....So looks like an itchy day installing a load of insulation in the Missus utility room, then start insulating what will be the Master bedroom. Getting ready to sheetrock both rooms, in Brit talk, Plasterboarding.

Hi Mick,I will be back to visit.

Denice and I watched 'The Iron Lady' last night ,never thought I would sit through a movie about Maggie Thatcher.

Things were bad when I left,doesn't look as if it's got any better.

Verdict on the movie, she was a &%$#@ $$!@#@%#$ from Grantham.

Hi Mick,I will be back to visit.

Denice and I watched 'The Iron Lady' last night ,never thought I would sit through a movie about Maggie Thatcher.

We look forward to your return Mudgie. Give us a bit of notice when it happens.

PS: You have more of a stomach for that film than me.

Keep us in your thoughts tonight, we have been under tornado watch most of the day, cold front is closing in on us and should be here in the next couple of hours, and it looks scary!

Here's the interactive weather radar link, the watch is supposed to have ended at 6-00pm, but the warning maps shows we are still under threat. Note the red area of the radar map, that's severe thunderstorms!

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=b3&size=2x&ID=SGF19&MR=1

We were watching the storm line approaching, look very dangerous at times, then it started weakening, by the time it reached here all we got was a few thunderstorms and a lot of rain thank God. It wreaked havoc on the plains though.

Bad in Oklahoma and Kansas, from what I was reading the front is going through Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi etc, no idea if it's spawning tornadoes.