Thank You Laurence.

Babs

I know you girls were friends for about 50 years, you grew up together, and were born on the same day.

And I hope you will tell us more stories of your pairs antics.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SOMETIMES the 'modern world' gains a jaundiced reputation. The majority of friends that post here involve ourselves in looking back - not in anger but in pleasure and nostalgia at the things we've don

As I posted on Babs "Some very sad news",the radio was playing 'God only knows'. I think that answers our question "why", such things happen. May you be at peace forever. Good night and God bless.

yes fynger its friday 15th sorry i was not feeling too good last night, stopped taking my new meds so lets hope i am feeling better today.

Earlier in this thread I said that I din't know Kat but I have since realised that she and I communicated on a number of occasions as "Carltongal". I will certainly miss her posts and good nature. Sincere condolences to the family.

Its amazing how you can feel like you really know someone even if you only speak over the net, isnt it Compo? I allways looked forward to a reply on the threads from kat/Carltongal. She'll be missed by so many. Thoughts and my love are with all family and close friends.

Have returned from a few days down south, where I had no internet access.

I received the sad news by phone.

I have already considered what forum to name after Kat.

I thought about the Carlton area, but the Gardening one also sounds like a good idea.

What do we think?

I will also be tagging her profile indicating her sad passing.

Thanks Mick.

Both decent ideas I think. I'll defer to what others think. My vote would go to the Gardening forum I reckon.

Perhaps it should be her best friend, Babs who decides?

Its a toughy, she was a carlton girl through and through... But great for giving advice on the gardening side of things. My vote goes to the gardening forum, she helped me & alot of others with our gardening questions etc.

If there's a vote to be made, at this sad time, mine is for gardening, as it obviously gave her the most joy & will be open to us all to contribute our thoughts in her memory.

I would like to hear Babs' view before I comment further.

Apologies, you're right Compo, I was being a little presumptuous. Babs certainly knew her best..................

i will always remember kat from our time at carlton but she did so love her little back yard garden and all kinds of flowers so perhaps it would be a fitting memorial to use the gardning section as a memorial to her on here.

and yes i will continue to post my memories of cat at school and in these last few years when we met up again and our friendship reblossommed.

Both forums now bear Kat's name.

Dedicated to the memory of Katina Pearey ('Carlton Girl') February 19th,1951 - June 1st 2012.

mick what a lovely way for us all to remember kat .

kats date of birth 19,2.1951 date of death 1.june 2012. two dates that will always stay in my mind, i know the first will not be hard and i will always think of kat and the fun times we had together.

incedentally kats funeral next friday 15th would have been her 21st wedding anniversary to mick so it will be a double edged sword for him

Babs

We look forward to your memories and how you both met up again.

I only had the privilege of knowing Kat a short time, but was glad of

the opportunity of meeting her at the site meet ups.

I remember how she told me about an expert in my line of work who was

giving a talk at Bulwell library. He allegedly had been doing lots of work in

the Midlands area, though I would have known him if he had.

I decided to attend his lecture just to see who the hell he was.

We sat down and watched as he presented scientific methods of examining

crime scenes. Aimed pretty low as it was aimed at 'joe public'

He seemed a bit nervous and at the end he had to say, I feel I may know

some of you here. Kat was in stitches, and it felt like the spotlight was on me.

She put up her hand and drew a big arrow over my head.

It turned out I did know the guy, and he was now a University lecturer,

in fact the head of department. We chatted for a long time after, and he was

interested in my experience, and that I had just been made redundant.

I later excepted his invite and was given a tour of his department at the

University. He is now a contact who will be useful in my future Business

Plan.

Thanks to Kat I made a very important contact. :)

Whoever going to the funeral, please pass my condolences. What a lovely way to remember her via the forum. Babs, i know its of no help to say this, but it may be of some comfort, remember shes not entirely gone and will allways be around her close friends as well as family. Im sure she'll be suprised as well as so happy to be remembered in such a way by all the forum members who spoke with her on a regular basis.

Thanks all.

The length of this thread bears out how highly she was valued by our membership.

Even those who did not have the pleasure of meeting Kat.

There was a Job Advertised in the Castle Archives, I never applied for it because it would have

clashed with some of my Plans. I had perfect experience and would have stood a good chance of getting it.

In that case I would probably been working with Kat.

Re the funeral Kath, I dont know if the location will be in the post?