No bother Mudgie :) Remind me to tell you about my visit to an Indian hospital with a cracked collarbone.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I blame the American system of sue everyone for everything for this kind of situation. Everyone is afraid to do anything in case someone finds fault and sues. The poor old nursing staff are caught b

We are both very sorry to hear the bad news Ashley. It was through you and Isobel that Deb and I met at the White Hart in November '77. Deb was going to baby sit for you two that night, but another s

Sitting here at the keyboard not knowing what to say................

things were similar when i was in in 2007 one of the ladies who was in my bay was almost blind although only in her 50s her daughter came in every visiting time and brought her sandwiches cakes ect . but when she was not there she was left to get on with it tray put in front of her and left to her own devices.daughter asked if she could come in at other times to help look after her mum but was told no she was only allowwed at visiting times, but the funny thing was the woman in the next bed was allowwed to have her fancy man comming to visit her in the mornings. once i was allowed out of my bed i noticed the blind lady was crying whent over to talk to her turned out she needed the toilet but did not like asking while strange man was at next bed got it sorted and sat talking to her for a while helping her eat some of the food her daughter had left, along comes the nurse telling her she must eat her meals or it would make her even more ill outspoken me says how can she when she carnt see to feed herself and is emmbarissed in case she spills things. nurse said that she did not know this so i sez then i surgest yougo and read your patients notes properly to see if it is in them comes back a few mins later and says sorry yes it is. after that they helped her at meal time s funny thing was the next day her daughter was allowwed to come on the ward at any time she wanted to help her mum,i wrote a letter to the qmc management commitee reguarding this when i got home

ash make sure that you follow up verbal complaints with wrigten ones they have to go on file and before the commitee at the next meeting.

I pay about $1200 a month for health insurance & i expect to get what i pay for

But i also have a $5000 deductable so you get nothing until that is paid

They say no news is good news? (dating back to ww1 or2) and it's true, despite spending 6 hours a day with her first thing I do on coming home or waking in the morning is check there's been no phone calls! none so far! but the early call from me to the hospital today and the reply of "talking of time not a cure" did little to cheer me up! however after a feed line inserted via her nose, plus drips, and me hand feeding a plate of lasagne followed by ice cream brought about a change in her condition, from being virtually comatosed she bucked up to extent of talking of going home , wanting her leggings and shoes that she KNEW she was wearing when she went in!

Of course a fantasy given her state but shows she is fighting? I hold no illusions as we have to face facts? but given arkle won the grand national at 100/1, 5/1 against gives us hope?

I hope she's soon home again Ashley, what a worry for you, not knowing what's going on when you aren't around to see it.

Thanks for the update Ashley. Great to see that she is fighting and showing positive signs.

Here's a coincidence: you mentioned Arkle...... Arkle won at 100-1, a fantastic horse; Arkle was the nickname of Notts cricketer Derek Randall, a great cricketer and fine mover; Arkle is the name of one of Scotlands finest mountains and is not far from me.

I for one don't think you are moaning or groaning and I appreciate the updates.

Hi Ashley, you're not 'moaning and groaning'; if you can't turn to your friends at a time of need, then who can you turn to?

Is Isabel managing to eat still? If so, why not try her with a bit of chocolate - if she likes this - or a bit of her favourite food?

Hi Ash,

I have been in the same place as you are in now,there's no 'moaning or groaning' in your posts.

Please keep us informed,when you have time.

My prayers are with you both.

Bryan

All the best Izzy , and yourself Ash.

(And I'm with Compo on the reason the 'elf service is in the state it's in !)

hi ash hope things ok thinking about nipping int whitehart for an hour or so tonigh if you going in will be in there about 9 pm if you need a bit of company.

Yes will do that, will be in at 9 Dave & Babs, doesn't matter if you change your mind or can't get as on my way home, Thanks for all the good wishes etc, more or less the same yesterday, funnily enough Jackson i'd took some choc in yesterday but she seemed too sleepy, still there (minus bit I had!) some try again today, just off there now

Have a pint in the White Hart for me - used to be my local 35 years ago.

She's still with us, and according to today's enquiry whilst still very ill "a little better and had a settled night", mind you yesterday they phoned me to say best come in straight away as not looking good, something which when we did thankfully found a false alarm, thinking of getting a job there as yesterday was helping a physio (who was really good and caring) insert several times for want of a better word a "hoover pipe" down her throat to clear airways, after done her "oxygen in blood"? really improved. Dare say it dropped a bit in afternoon as when I came back after meal found her oxygen mask off, I asked all nurses if for any reason? but none knew, said prob just come off and they would see to her, was stilling waiting for that to happen when I went home several hours later, good job I did it myself straight away

yes jackson (still doesn't feel right calling you by surname,lol) eating ok etc, only mishap so far is nearly blew microwave up! just bought a new mobile phone, as battery cream crackered on old one, thinking of enrolling at college in September on course in how to operate it! mind you it would help if basic instructions were clear and didn't appear to be written by some Mongolian goat herder or similar, can't seem to find a way to get an "0" into any stored numbers?

The left hand doesn't know what the right is thinking! or something like that as within an hour of lasy post I got another from a doctor, they can do no more so are changing the treatment, switching to making her comfortable and giving drugs in case of pain, when asked how long she told me days or weeks rather than weeks or months also said we had to discuss where to be sent, home was mentioned but doubt here suitable even with terminal care helpers, It had been expected by me to be honest but always hoped for a better outcome, thanks for all your wishes even prayers.