GARDEN PLANTS IN MEMORY OF KAT AND IZZY

HI EVERYONE

ONE OR TWO PEOPLE HAVE CONTACTED ME BY PM TO ASK IF THERE WAS A CHARITY OR IF THEY COULD BUY A PLANT OR BUSH FOR KATS GARDEN,AS KAT ONLY HAD A SMALL BACK YARD I KNOW THAT SPACE IS RESTICTED AND I SURGESTED THAT THERE IS A GARDEN BEING ESTABLISHED AT THE BACK OF TENYSON HALL WERE KAT ANDI ATTENDED OUR BREAKFAST CLUB AND KAT DID A LOT OF VOLUNTARY WORK AND SAID THIS COULD POSIBLY BE A GOOD PLACE TO PLANT THINGS IN KATS NAME.

KATH JAMES SAID IT MIGHT BE A NICE IDEA TO ASK ANY OF OUR MEMBERS IF THEY WOULD ALSO LIKE TO MAKE A SMALL DONATION TOWARDS THIS. THEN WITH ASHLES SAD LOSS THIS WEEK ALSO WE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A NICE IDEA TO INCLUDE SOMETHING IN HER MEMORY TOO AND ANY OF OUR OTHER LATE MEMBERS WHO HAVE SADLY LEFT OUR LITTLE COMMUNITY

I THOUGHT THAT PERHAPS ROSE BUSHES OR A BUDLIA OR CANADIAN LILAC BUSH AND PERHAPS SOME SPRING BULBS COULD BE PLANTED LATER IN THE YEAR.

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHT AND IDEAS ON THIS WHATEVER THEY MAY BE.

KATH SUGGESTED THAT I COULD POSSIBLY CORDINATE THIS AND I HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO SKILLS EXCHANGE AND THEY WOULD BE HAPPY FOR ANY HELP IN GETTING THIS GARDEN LOOKING NICE AND THOUGHT IT WAS A LOVELY IDEA. I HAVE ALSO THOUGHT I MIGHT WRITE TO THE CASTLE AND BREWHOUSE YARD TO SEE IF ANY OF KATS FRIENDS FROM THERE WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED IN MAKING A SMALL DONATION TOO.

IMIGHT EVEN WRITE TO WOODTHORPE GRANGE TO SEE IF THEY ARE GIVING ANY BULBS AWAYS LATER THIS YEAR TO SEE IF WE CAN GET SOME. THESE ARE JUST A FEW THOUGHTS RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND AT THE MOMENT BUT WOULD LOVE TO TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. HAVE ALSO MENTIONED THIS TO MICK AND BECCA

BABS

As one who contacted you on this subject,I was happy to see your post on the site.

Maybe enough could be donated to purchase a park bench,and have it in memory of 'Nottstalgia' members, and spouses.

Thanks' for taking on this project Babs ,I really do appreciate you giving up your time.

kindest Regards, Bryan

HI BRYAN.

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHT ON THIS IT WAS VERY HARD TO THINK OF A WAY OF PUTTING THIS ON THE POST AS DID NOT WANT TO UPSET ANYONE OR CAUSE ANY OFFENCEBUT WITH SO MANY IDEAS GOING AROUND IN MY MIND ITS NICE TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK I WILL BE GOING UP TO SKILLS EXCHANGE TOMMOROW MORNING AND HOPE TO GET SOME IDEAS AND A PHOTO OR TWO OF THE GARDEN AS IT IS AT THE MOMENT AND REALLY GET THE OTHER SKILLS EXCHANGE MEMBERS ON BOARD WITH THIS TOO I AM SURE THERE WILL BE SOME OF OUR MEMBERS WHO WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE SMALL DONATIONS TOO TO THIS IDEA.

I LIKE THE IDEA OF A BENCH OR SEATING OF SOME KIND BUT THIS WILL DEPEND ON HOW MUCH WE MANAGE TO RAISE . I WAS SAYING TO KATH IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD DOO SOME OF THE PLANTING OF THE BULBS WHEN YOU ARE OVER HERE IN OCTOBER READY FOR THEM BLOOMING IN THE SPRING MONTHS.

BEST WISHES

BABS

posted this over 24 hour ago and i am surprized that only one person has made any coment on it good or bad has no one seen it because posted in wrong place babs

I will gladly make a contribution Babs. When you get the details worked out maybe you could let us know.

Like the idea of planting a tree of some kind as well as the ideas posted.

thanks for the comments was beginning to think no one had seen it

it was very hard to decide how to write that post as did want members to think we were pushing but really needed feedback from people other than the ones who had contacted me by pm so i was glad when you started to post back to me.

please dont think you are obbliged to give a donation just because you are a member of the fourum entirely your choice but still value your thoughts and especially you gardeners out there of what would be good bushes trees ect we can plant as you know i am not a gardener myself only know names of things my dad used to grow.

I get little time to read content here at the moment.

This is a good idea, Lets organise another meet up so we can discuss it.

As a memorial tree I don't think you can better the Whitebarked Himalayan Birch (Betula jacquemontii). A fine white barked tree, it outshines all others and as a bonus it doesn't grow to a massive size.

Great idea. Count me in for a contribution, piggy and babs.

Hopefully there will be enough money raised to buy a seat.

Then I will have somewhere to sit down with the wife when we come over there; wondering where the Nottingham of old has gone!!

thanks guys for that really appresiate your coments as mick sez we need to have a meet up soon to be able to discus this further.

i think the first thing i need to do is set up a bank account for this that people can put there donations into i know one or two people were asking me yesterday if they could give me a donationbut i told them to wait until after i had done that but will proberly need another signiture to withdraw money. so need to talk to others. when are people availablefor a meet up soon know mick is very busy at the moment so come up with 2 or 3 date mick and weel see what is best for us all from then on and try and get things mooving.

babs

I have not said anything as obviously involved, but anything to do with money raises questions, ie a definite "goal" is needed be it plants, a tree, or bench or whatever? the next question esp in the latter 3 cases is where such would go? and finally who would get any "benefit" from it,? ie if a tree or bench for most it would mean a special visit to see it, or would donators feel it is enough knowing it's there for really the benefit of the public? I have not yet decided whether to say no flowers at the funeral or donate to some charity? I am leaning towards the latter however. Just my thoughts, Should know date of Issy's funeral soon, it's in hand.

I did look at some benches today at the wholesalers I go to.

A bit flimsy, I thought.

It would be nice if they let us plant a tree in the grounds of the Castle or even Brewhouse Yard next to where Kat worked.

Also How many members have we lost that we know to, Caz and Anne at least, but we dont know Anns last name I dont think?

i know this subject brings up lots of questions and thats why i wanted other peoples veiws on this . re the castle or brewhouse yard raises more things this a great idea but would involve a lot more work and expence as we not only would have to apply to city councilfor permission it would have to be put in by one of there workers because of there health and safty rules and if it was a bench they specify what kind you can put in and we would also have to pay for the worker\ workers to put it in they are prity hard to get plants and trees into there gardens as there own gardners have a big say in what dose and dosenot go in there.

I have no problem not seeing the garden, as long as people can take advantage of whatever is dedicated.

Babs idea of creating the garden, seems to be the easiest way to go, in my humble opinion.

IMHO and for what it is worth, a seat and a garden go together. To both sit and enjoy the surroundings and remember the reason for it's existence in the first place.

piggy and babs - just PM me the details re where to send the donation.

will do trevor thank you as soon as i iron a few things out and set up a bank account of some kind if this is to be done it must be done in the corect way so thats the first thing that needs doing as as much as posible i would sooner people donated straigh into a proper account for this.my original ideas was that we could greate a nice space thhat kat whould have enjoyed seeing,kath was one of the first people to contact meas she wanted to buy a bush or small tree as a lasting memory to kat and thought about kats garden at home but as kats house only had a small back yard we came up with the idea of skill exchange gardens to plant something as one garden area is just being establishe at the back of the building and two more plots at the front could really doo with something doing to improve there appearence too .and the volunteers at skills have undertaken along with others to prepear and maintain these plotsas they are not council run we can prity much put in the plants and trees we like

my original goal was to raise maybo 200 pounds and use it for plants and bushes and bulbs that would come up year after year and hopefully at a verity of times in the year.

but i too love the idea of a bench but then it comes to were will we get one put there are some places we could put one at skills exchance but they not ideal places for every one to get to see and use on a regular basis although the gates are open for the generral public to get into outside of the building most days. but lokked for security at night.

micks idea of the castle or brew house sounds good too but i know they have lots of rules and regs regarding this also much more cost involved .and could we raise that much i dont know. pehaps fynger and martine could ask thier relitive who works at the castle if he could find out the rules for us then we could look at that in more detail and see what we could do

so i once again am open to you for your thoughts on this

If the Castle proves problematic then what about the Arboretum - a huge garden for everyone to enjoy.

no bryan and i have not met yet or at least not for a long time as we may have come across one another as teenages but dont remember one an other., but i carnt run any more but like the turtle slow and steady and i get there in the end

compo arboritum would come under the same rules and regs as castle as both city council run but its worth looking into anyway i might try ringing woodthorpe park were gardening dept is and ask if they can send me any info. forest recreation ground undergoing major refurb this year early next might be able to get something put in there at same time i will ask my friend moby she is on the commitee involved in this

mick have you thought about dates for a meet up yet

so who is interested one night next who is avaliable whenwe got another funeral wed day but should be ok in the evning.