Have inherited my wife pension! yes, I'm a whole 23p per week better off!

Bad News!

It took the pension service a fortnight to make the change, so last friday got nothing! sweet fa, no pension or explanation, just nothing paid into the bank, had to phone up to find out why, (3 times in all,) as first time they said it would be in Monday, then Weds, then yesterday,

finally double money in today, oh plus a seperate BAC payment of 23p for last week!, stupid barstewards! Luckily being a secret millionaire it didn't bother me too much, but what about someone who needed it on the day? or the week actually?

More good news! As you know (or maybe you don't?) Government Council Tax Benefit is being abolished next year replaced by local council schemes. as an oap I won't be affected but others will, for a start non oap's cannot get 100% benefit, all will pay something 10 or 15 per cent of full amount which could be up to £4.50 a week, plus disabled will now also have to pay unless you have kids then it's 100% benefit, 110% if unmarried single mother with 4 kids, 120 if also gay., (not really,lol, as least not till labour get inl). Bit unfair if gen disabled? ie not on the fiddle , wino's junkies apart they didn't get disabled via choice whereas kids in general a choice? besides most kids could d with a bit of starvation etc the size of some of them, also overnight the savings limit is being cut from £16,000 to £10,000 with from what I see no "grading" £10,001 in the bank and not a penny benefit

• 2 years later...

Well done to James Taylor Notts batsman,..........made England Captain for todays one day international v Ireland.

• Upvote 1