Characters at the Brit Club, Bierkeller etc

After reading the sad thread re Carl, of Carls Fables fame, suddenly had a thought if anyone knew how a few of the other well known "faces" of the period were going on.

Pete Hubbard, used to run the Brit when I first met him, I'd probably be about 17 so 50 odd years ago ! , he used to be nicknamed Smiley as he always seemed to be smiling while standing at the bottom of the Brit steps, in later years he ran the Beerkeller before it's demise then opened a club somewhere on St James street from memory but it didn't do too well and we lost touch.

He always had a soft spot for my missus and always gave her a stein of Lowenvbrau when she visited with me or a gang of her mates on girls night out.

Keith Symonds, Brit fame and then the Beachcomber. Bit of an arrogant twerp but again one of the faces around that era.

Also Trevor or big Trev as we nicknamed him, also of Beerkeller fame, but he worked a few pubs in town prior to that I think including the Bell Inn. Never knew his surname, but think he lived Beeston way.

Stu Morris, yes well known by many, last I heard he was not doing too well healthwise either ?

When I read how old Carl Abrams was it added to the shock but I suppose we all become complacent of time passing as we all get older, I do anyway.

Getting very nostalgic thinking of the great "good times" we had in our youth in good ole' Nottm.

Maybe you guys can add with more of the well known around the town at that time.

• Upvote 2

He certainly is Ray,he's an old school mate,saw him a few months ago.

#1 Banjo 48, Trev Wood lives Old Basford,originally like me from Bestwood estate.

Good to here Trev's still around, do you know if he worked at Pork Farms ? as I know he used to get the big sausages served up at the Keller, and also some lovely pork joints to order.

Had many a Sunday roast pork joint from Trev while I worked at the Keller.

Maybe just had a mate who was a butcher :-)

Here's some names; Pete Blood, Manfred (Mick Lehman), Dusty French, Kenny Astell, Cupitt, Pete Wellick, Gene Kersey, Kimbo Eddy, Flagsy (Flowers), Paddy Welch, Mo Webster,

• Upvote 1

Here's some names; Pete Blood, Manfred (Mick Lehman), Dusty French, Kenny Astell, Cupitt, Pete Wellick, Gene Kersey, Kimbo Eddy, Flagsy (Flowers), Paddy Welch, Mo Webster,

Yes remember some especially Pete Blood, Manfred, Dusty, Kenny, Cupitt.

Wonder where they all are now or if they made it this far ?

Few more Paddy Flynn, John Langdon, Glenn Chapman, Chris Mee (dec). Terry Bennet.

Click, Ben, Radio, Dave Mace, John Young, Fat Pat, Dave (one tab) , Andy Clifford, Wid, Dek, Randy, Kenny,

You could go on and on couldnt you? Interesting that no names of women in here yet.

• 2 years later...
On 11/09/2015 at 9:20 PM, Paulus said:

Hi, Andy Hodges here, was a good mate of Pete Bloods.....wonder what happened to him.