Any other decent carboots on this bank holiday monday (or whenever) I know of colwick and calverton.. I much prefer calverton to colwick though, hoping to get to one tomorrow.. been a while since iv been 'bootin!

Done so many now, buyin' & sellin', in our small town.....................I'm in danger of buyin' my own stuff back!! slywink

haha!Im thinking about doing one with babbins old clothes etc but i doubt ill get much for em, been slappin em on a facebook selling page instead. The mother allways gets to carboots and finds the funkiest of things, random things. I love carboots.. amazing what ya can find!

Lol sounds like me, my partner has to tell me when to stop buying when we go to jumble sales or around some market.. i cant help it! See something i like... ill buy it, a week later its in a box in the cupboared or gathering dust somewhere.

Sundays at Hemswell airfield near Middle Rasen is always a good bet for a bargain.

Ended up going Calvo carboot that weekend (aftyer getting lost on way there) Didnt get much though, came home with a set of 3 ornamental cats and a brand new mamas and pappas rocking caterpillar for baby, Thought i may as well keep that back as its all in its box still unopened and her 1st birthday is 2 weeks away!

Here in the States we have 'garage or yard sales', people put up a sign at the end of their street giving the number of the house.The front yard and drive is packed full of all kinds of stuff.

Drive around on a Saturday morning,and you will find dozens of these 'sales'.

Recently I bought some old documents,dated 1774,they were the sale of bonded/indentured criminals shipped over from England,to serve no less than 20 year sentences,in the state of Vermont.

They were written on parchment and had the seal of the state, and a larger seal of the Royal sypher. All written by hand.

I paid a total of $20.I have yet to investigate their true value.

Yeah they could be worth a damned site more than the 20 bucks you paid for them...BUT, are they genuine or some of those expensive reproductions????

That's one thing I miss about cities, yard sales, there's some good stuff the owners have no idea of the value of, I used to have a mate in Sacramento who did all the yard sales over the weekends, when you went to his apartment, it was filled from floor to ceilings with stuff he'd bought. He used to find plenty of good stuff he could resell at a great profit.

Yes they are the real item. I have a buddy that has been in the printing trade 50+ years.

4 of the documents are written on parchment, the other 2 are written on stretched sheep skin.

The ink is made up of several ingredients,and mostly a varying shade of brown,due to age,but still good enough to read completely.