AS IT IS NEARLY TIME FOR ME TO BE GOING DOWN TO THE GARDEN CENTRES TO SEE WHAT NEW STOCK IS IN AND HOPEFULLY HAVE THE PLANTS BULBS IN BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I WAS WONDERING ABOUT WORDING FOR A PLAUQUE OF SOME KIND PRICING THEM UP AT THE MOMENT BUT HARD WITH OUTEXACT WORDING AS MOST PLACES WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY WORDS BEFORE GIVING A QUOTE.. SO CAME UP WITH A ROUGH IDEA FOR THE WORDING. WITH INDERVIDUAL NAMES OF MEMBERES ON BUSHES TREES ECT. BUT WOULD LOVE YOUR VIEWS.

KATS MEMORIAL GARDEN.

IN LOVING MEMORY

OF ALL THE MEMBERS OF

NOTTSTALGIA

WHO HAVE SADLY PASSED AWAY.

ANY BODY GOT ANY BETTER IDEAS

BABS

just like to say thanks to trevor recieved your kind donation today i amgoing down the garden centre again this week to see whats come in new and then make some decisionsabout whats best to be planting.

• 2 weeks later...

RIGHT I THOUGHT I BETTER POST SOMETHING ON HERE ABOUT KATS MEMORIAL HAVE HIT A COUPLE OF SNAGS AT THE MOMENT THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH DOING IT AT SKILLS EXCHANGE AT THE MOMENTTHAT I CANOT MAKE PUBLIC AT THE MOMENT AS MOST MEMBERS ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS AT THE MOMENT .

I HAVE CONTACTED PARKS AND GARDENS DEPARTMENT CITY COUNCIL TO SEE IF WE CAN GET AT LEAST ONE TRY IN THIS YEAR AT BREWHOUSE YARD THE CASTLE WOOLATON HALL THE FOREST REC OR THE ARBOURETUM BUT HAVE A BIG NO FROM THEM. SO AT THE MOMENT I AM SUCK FOR IDEAS AND WONDERED IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS ANY OTHER IDEAS . MY ONLY OTHER THOUGHT WAS PERHAPS WE COULD COME UP WITH SOMEWERE IN CARLTONAS DIFFERENT COUNCIL. WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK, GOT 8

£80 POUNDS IN THE POT SO FAR AND OTHERS HAVE PROMISED MORE MONIES SAFE IN THE BANK AWAITING A DECISION OR I WILL RETURN TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY PASSED ON TO ME IF THATS WHAT THEY WISH . WAS HOPEING WE COULD DO SOMETHING WHEN ERIC COMES OVER IN NOVEMBER BUT STUCK AT THE MOMENT.

Does anyone else who comes on here, know of a memorial being put up to someone local, be it a bench or tree or bushes? I'd hope it's been done before and not every request for such, gets squashed. You'd think councils would jump at the chance of getting something paid for them. I know they'd have the last say in what it was and where it was placed, but in this economy, any help towards beautifying somewhere, you'd think they'd jump on.

that has been one of my thought kev in the last few days , contackting gedling council to see if we could do something in the memorial garden of rest at calton that not only over looks were kat lived as a girl were she was born and went to school, but we may have to look at the cost of a bench rather than trees.

kath told by city council that rather than put in trees at the moment they are redevolopeing parks and actively removeing trees in some cases.

When I read babs post regarding having a bench rather than a tree I thought about the Attenborough Nature Reserve. I love to go there with my dog and I'm sure I've seen a bench that's dedicated to someone. It's a beautiful place to be and would be an ideal place for Kats memorial. As you all decide I thought I would throw the Attenborough idea into the hat.

If you are thinking of Attenborough nature reserve you need to contact CEMEX who still operate a live quarry and transport aggregates along the waterways, I'll see if I can find out who to contact at head office

Rog

THANKS MICHEAL AND ROG THATS ANOTHER IDEA TO CONCIDER IF WE CAN RAISE ENOUGH FOR A BENCH WOULD APRICIATE THE ADDRESS ROG JUST IN CASE.