Cliff-ton.................thanks for that,would love to post some old school photos,daughter tried yesterday but tells me my Lap-top is nicky-nacky-noo,the only way I see is to hand you the photos.............perhaps a Coffee in town one morning ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not doing too well with the photos, so here are a few memories to be going on with. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin... Memories of my first day at Berridge Road Infants' School are sti

I've just found these fascinating accounts of the first years of school, so I thought I'd just add my two penn'orth. My first school when I was four, was a little one in a house at the top of Westdal

It's a bit odd really. The huts Benjamin mentions later became sports changing huts and a 'Tuck Shop' for High Pavement, which opened on the opposite side of Gainsford Crescent from the whole Padstow

Benjamin # 50. Thanks for that. I got a bit mixed up with the Websters there... I always remember Kenny Webster getting into his swimming cossie and getting into a temporary pool that appeared after thunderstorm in the hollow at the bottom of the path on Bulwell Common opposite the old Bulwell Common station. He was bouncing about right next to the pointy railings. I could barely watch...

I was never much good with names and I really can't recall if Pam had a friend with that name. I didn't really know many people from anywhere but Southglade when I was in Henry Whipple, and the 'continuity' was lost when I went to HP and then I hung with people from Bulwell in my teens and I left Nottm around 1971.

Mostly from those days I recall the Kimberleys, Bayliss, Morris, etc., familys, but I can't recall them in Whipple even though we were similar ages. My little lot comprised. John Barlow, Derek and Ray Hollifield., Richard Chambers, Dave Armstrong, Gerald Sanders and Reggie Wakefield. All from Southglade. Also sometimes, Tony Bayliss, Joe Kimberly, the Mortimer Bros and Harold Bramley, Peter Abbott. There was a Geoffrey Wass, but I think he emigrated.

All seems so long ago.

Col

• Upvote 1

P.S. The only thing I think I know about getting pics onto a forum like this is that they have to already exist in 'cyberspace' somewhere. So you'd either need to scan them to your PC and then upload them to somewhere like Flickr, or Photobucket etc., or maybe get them into facebook and go from there. I used to like Flickr but it's got much less useful recently and now they want you to pay for the Flickr Uploader, whci hused to be free. I've done the odd one by literally photographing the photo with my phone and putting on facebook, but it's not as good.

Col

• Upvote 1