Think i'm turning back into a Mod !

Christmas pressie to ourselves, bought a new Vespa GTS Sport 300ie ! I've got a motorbike but its just too big to take travelling with us, so wifey and I decided to become "mods" again !

Bloody amazing little machine, no gears just twist and go, goes like a bat out of hell compared to the old 60's Lambo !

We must look a right old pair of farts when we go shopping on it ! get lots of glances, don't know whether they are admiring or other :-)

Anyone else out there gone back to scooterland ?

I would like to buy my mate's Lambo. It's some kind of hybrid. Looks like an LI150 series III but was made in about 1973ish. I thknm it has the TV 175 engine but I'm not sure. He wants £1,250 for it but it isn't in brilliant condition. Too much for me to spend on a doer-upper :(

I was about to say, the new Vespasian are bloody expensive - especially compared to the stuff from Korea that gets better reviews!

Compo

I used to have a TV175 in the 60's, it had the headlight in the front of the body not up near the bars, virtually the same as the 150 or 200.

Brother in law had the SX200, and I previously had the LE150.

The old Vespa I had was a PX200 from memory, used to whistle or whine as she was accelerated .

RGR

Love the photo's, how do you put those up, as a see no links just the photo in the replies ?

I got a really good deal on the new one as it is end of year and ex demo, very low klms. Also got a rack and top box thrown in ! and awaiting the flyscreen to come in.

Find the black looks good but sucks in the heat ! been 42c here last few days ! I need a sheepskin seat cover as the seat gets very warm in the sun.

Did a run yesterday and brought back the memories of scooting up to Skeggy, Cleethorpes and Mablethorpe many years ago.

I have also thought about getting a 70s Honda CB400/4 but I've read that the CB250 has just as good performance. Can this be true?

Good for yo Banjo!! If it makes you happy than why not? My partner loves scooters, he often stops to look at one passing to admire

Banjo this a photo of the Canadian Vespa rep showing us how the built in leather seat cover works so you don't get a hot seat in Australia and a wet seat in the U.K.,by the way the leather on the GTV model is absolutely beautiful.As regards down loading pictures to this site l use photo-bucket that my daughter helped me set up.VespaScootersWhitbyOnt007.jpg

Compo - either of the bikes you mentioned are great - but for my money I'd go for the 400-4. I have a 78 Kawi KZ-650 four and LOVE it! The 70's Japanese fours are herd to beat!

Over here they are referred to as UJMs - Universal Japanese Motorcycles.

Compo

I too would go for the 400, I've had the CB250 and as said by Limey, the 400/4 would be my contender too.

Thanks for the photo info will do some experimenting.

RGR

Tried the plastic seat cover but soon as it gets hot it just sits on the seat underneath and that gets hot again too ! lots of aussies use a sheepskin cover on their bikes as the insulation properties are hard to beat, warm in winter cool in summer etc.

The plastic thingy reminds me of a "pacamac" that mum always made me keep in my school bag :-)