Watched the race,

Flew Old Glory

Watched the race

Flew Old Glory

Somebody won

Played with my new camera stuff

Flew the meatball flag lol

Played tennis for 5 mins :situp:

Doddington hall is a very nice place with a lot of history, just down the road from my place so cycle past it most weekends

Rog

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

No bank holiday here but there is a film festival starting on Tuesday down on the coast then, at the end of the month, there is a car race a few kilometres further along the seafront.

Both to be avoided at all costs!!!!!! I will keep well away.

• Upvote 1

Same here our may day break was last week . Today starts the Wine Festival. Great trepidation earlier in the week forcast was rain and storms but sun has shined today so it should be a great festival. Unfortunately I cant go down as mums carer cant mum- sit.

Not a parking space available . Shuttle going up and down. ( village is in two parts )

Against my better judgement, and contrary to what I said earlier, I went down to Cannes last evening to visit a friend.

What chaos there. Almost the whole of the Croisette has turned into a mass of hardboard, MDF and various strips of wood which will make the opulent-looking (but totally deceptive) façade that makes up the Cannes Film Festival. A bit like Cannes itself (and Monaco, for that matter) a pink stucco façade with rather ordinary and dull buildings hidden behind them.

If you see the Cannes Film Festival on telly, be aware that a lot of that apparent opulence is not real - just as in films themselves.

• Upvote 1