Hello Folks

Just joined this forum. Been doing a bit of family history research and was looking for birthplaces of long deceased family members and wanted historic Nottingham maps. Google brought me to this forum so I thought I had better join. Found a useful map posted by another member btw.

I live at Eastwood now but I was born on Woodborough Road. My parents left Nottingham when I was almost 3 (50 odd years ago) but I still consider myself a Nottingham-ite rather than an Eastwood-ite :biggrin:

My interests are Piano, music, photography, transport. I am interested in Geneology but I am not a fanatic, having said that if there is anyone with the surnames Harvey, Cooper, Cropley, Smedley (to start with) that think that they might be related to me I would like to hear from them.

:cheers:

Welcome, hopefully you'll get some joy with the family history, it's always surprising who knows who on this forum. It might help if you know which areas your ancestors lived in. Just to narrow it down a bit.

Welcome, hopefully you'll get some joy with the family history, it's always surprising who knows who on this forum. It might help if you know which areas your ancestors lived in. Just to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks for the welcome. As you are Admin perhaps you could recommend which part of the forum I should be asking about genealogy. I am guessing this is the wrong one.

TIA

• 2 months later...

A up although i have posted a couple of topics i am abit slow finding my way around this site i am aold meadows and trent bridge lad 65 69 now i have worked out whats what i would like to say hello to everyone you seem like adecent lot and i am hoping to attend your next meet will look forewardto meeting you all and i will carry on reading your interesting stuff.Could you give me some idea how many of you are ex trent bridge senior or welbeck junior.

piano man i have some friends named harvey who hail from st anns area 1950shungerhill rd area if that rings a bell with you 2 boys and 2 girls

piano man go to ancestory thread for geneology enquiriessome member will pick up on that but not on newby thread hope that helps