Guess Whats On Tele Now

It's the Hammer film version, made in 1967. (And it's ch 319 on Sky)

I remember the tv series scaring the whatsits out of me when it was on - but I was only 7 at the time and even Dr Who (with William Hartnell) managed to do that.

I bet they had some laughs off camera, we were so naive in those days, i was so frightened of those little (Plastic) monsters that i daren't go to sleep. But that was in the days when cowboys got shot and didn't bleed, and soldiers got blown up and still had all their limbs, just got a bit dusty! aaaah. :) I agree about the book, they are quite often better than the films.

My children loved the Clangers, both born in the 1960s they were just the right age when they started to be shown on the tele', When my son visits he always comes through the door whistling the Clangers tune.Hope the children enjoy them as much this time round. :biggrin:

On here right now - Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. Must be one of my all time favourites. Even though I've got it on DVD, still must watch it on free-to-air because ..... The 1963 era music - magic. It was real music.

Other favourites include Pretty Woman and Shall We Dance. And for all the girls who hang out here, from Shall We Dance:

shallwedance.jpg

• Upvote 1

As I was working til midnight last night we stayed in bed a bit later this morning. My wife put BBC 2 on and we watched 'The Lady Vanishes' in black and white . Later we watched 'I was Montgomery's Double' on Film 4. The latter had John Mills and bit parts by Syd James, Sam Kydd and Alfie Bass. Lovely to see decent actors again.

I enjoy being an old f--t.

Oh by the way, my mum used to watch Quatermass from behind the settee. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching one or two on YouTube. Watched "Up the Junction," last night. Not too impressed. Plan to have a look at the "Loneliness of the Long distance Runner" a bit later. Never did see it when it was in the theatres. Watched "The Ragman's Daughter" afew days ago. Mixed feelings on that one. Some good Nottingham scenary. A bit predictable left me with a rather sad feeling.