Are ya reedin' owt good?

A clown too many, I thought that was the Tony Bliar one!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At a recent funeral I saw a lot of my family I don't see a lot of (sad that happens at funerals). I started taking the mick out of my brothers 2 grand kids about spending all their time on phones &amp

Not so much of the science & more of the fiction.

Yup, everyone's posts on Nottstalgia

Mattsdigs,

Re post #66 . Sorry I don't have the newspaper , that is from an online source .

However have sent you a PM . (Look for the red notification on the envelope at the very top of this page and click it )

There you will find links to each part of the article and how to print them off yourself .

davidW... just for your interest this is a snap of the great man's burial site

mattsnewpics027_zps7d03b744.jpg

and this is what is said at the foot of the statue..

mattsnewpics036_zps3220b8da.jpg

Thanks Mattsdigs . Interesting . Maybe there were two, that for different reasons ate liver !

I note yours was a John-stone with a T . The one in the news article was a John-son , without the T .

Posts 27/28 bring back a happy memory, I had taken my 7 year old daughter to WHS in the Vic.Centre to spend some birthday money on adding to her Enid Blyton collection (Famous 5,7 etc). I left her to to look around myself when this childs voice echoed round the store" Daaad! they've gone up 5p and theres not so many pages in this one!" Have you ever tried to look as if you didn't know your own child. She still has the whole collection under her bed.

Have now finished The Day The World Came to Town by Jim Defede, what a wonderful, feel-good book. Lovely to read the positive things in the world, when there is so much bad going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started Ian Rankin's new Rebus offering, excellent read, brings a few of his other characters into the plot with John Rebus, including his arch enemy in the complaints, Malcolm Fox, but in a different light this time.

Saints of the shadow Bible. Ian Rankin.