a friend in america sent message by face book to tell us that there is to be another reunion of cotto school this sat 2nd nov at the white hart lent from about 7pm i understant every body welcome from any year and its just turn up on the night.so if you went to cotto and interested just turn up on sat night , sandra tinley who was at the school 1961 to 1965 is also interested in getting in touch with old friends from when she was at the girls school sandra whoes now sandra seamanand lives in america.

• 3 weeks later...

New member Tony Baranauskas sent me an email, regarding Cottesmore, so I'm going to copy and paste.

Are all the people on here ex pupils of cottesmore, if they are can you get a message to them all please, Cottesmore is going to be pulled down and I have arranged a tour round the school this Friday the 22/11/13 at 2.00 Oclock going in the gates at the Derby Road Entrance and all are welcome, the Nottingham Evening Post will be there to do a story on it, thanks for any help you can give me }: D

Tony, I've not heard anything and there's been no action on this thread. I didn't go to Cottesmore, but I know some members did, I hope they see it.

• 2 weeks later...

we would have loved to have gone but had a funeral on that day so could not make it hope it was a success anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Cottesmore from 1956 to 1960. Sad to hear it is coming down. Another bit of Nottingham dissapearing.

Some of the boys in my year were: Michael Pemberton, Michael Onion, Michael Johnson, and Alan Woodwood.

Anyone know where they are these days?

dave was there from 59 to 63 his older brother frank piggott would have been in the year above you our mate mick marriott might have been in your year or maybe a year below you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thanks for that kevin. no mick lenton born and bred only had one sister ruth who id about 10 years older than him cottismore was both a boys and a girls school on the same site on radford bulivard devied as i understand by a large wall and the girls left school earlier than the boys school.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

sorry kevin we were unable to go due to other commitments on that day

Hey KevinDolphin, my Mum left in the same year you did, just wondered if you remembered her, Sharon Cowlishaw? Or anyone else who may remember her/attended at the same time/or has any general info!

Melissa, following on from my PM to you the other day, I've just remembered another link I have in common with you...my mum went to Cottesmore - but in the 1930s/40s so I don't think she coincided with anyone you might know.

• Upvote 1

Melissa, following on from my PM to you the other day, I've just remembered another link I have in common with you...my mum went to Cottesmore - but in the 1930s/40s so I don't think she coincided with anyone you might know.

The links are insane haha! My Gran, whom I never got to meet went attended in the 1930s! Have you seen the LentonTimes website? (Can't recall who posted it before on another thread) but I happened to stumbled across a photo of my Gran on there! There's a few names that could possibly be your Mum! If you're not familiar with the site, I'll link you to it :)

My Dad was there in the 30's .....

Same for you Lizzie! You might find a photo of your Father on the site, you never know! Will post a link if anyone wants/hasn't got it already :)

• Upvote 1

Just thinking more about my Dad going to Cottesmore ...... he actually passed the exam to go to High Pavement but refused to go there because they played rugby. His Dad couldn't care less where he went (yeah, not a very good father). Anyway my Dad was a very good footballer, captained the school team and played for Nottingham Boys before going to Notts County. The war came at the wrong time for him but he was in the RAF team for several years. He would NEVER watch rugby on the telly but I did drag him to watch my sons playing a few times!!

• Upvote 1

That's a shame Melissa, but then a professional footballer only has until early 30's before he has to find something else to do for the rest of his life. They can't all go on to be managers!

• Upvote 1

The links are insane haha! My Gran, whom I never got to meet went attended in the 1930s! Have you seen the LentonTimes website? (Can't recall who posted it before on another thread) but I happened to stumbled across a photo of my Gran on there! There's a few names that could possibly be your Mum! If you're not familiar with the site, I'll link you to it

Same for you Lizzie! You might find a photo of your Father on the site, you never know! Will post a link if anyone wants/hasn't got it already :)

You're beginning to tie yourself in a knot trying to read everything at once! It was me who posted the link, and here it is again for anyone - including LizzieM - who might want to play "Spot the relative". http://www.lentontimes.co.uk/streets/cottesmore_school.htm

• Upvote 2

You're beginning to tie yourself in a knot trying to read everything at once!  It was me who posted the link, and here it is again for anyone - including LizzieM - who might want to play "Spot the relative". http://www.lentontimes.co.uk/streets/cottesmore_school.htm

Haha seems so. I had a feeling it may have been you who posted it :)

thanks for that kevin. no mick lenton born and bred only had one sister ruth who id about 10 years older than him cottismore.

Have I read this right 'Mick Lenton'?

There was a Mick Lenton that was a copper @ Nottingham Central.