love it when new jersey royals come into shops 1 lb dose me two or three dinners depending on size of spudsa bit of cod in parsley sauce and peas and carrotts,must admit its cheat frozen sauce for me,and steamed frozen veg but boy do i enjoy itand nobody pinches any cuz nobody else in my house likes it

Just ordered these "heirloom" seeds. I'll collect seed from them for next years crops....A French brown onion with an unpronouncable name, better known to us as Spanish Onions.

Painted Lady runner beans.

Money Maker tomatoes.

Henderson Charleston Wakefield cabbage.

Saxa 2 radish.

Amsterdam Prickly spinach.

I have seed for 5 other heirloom tomato vines, some saved from last years crop, sweet corn and a few other veggies, hope to have a garden full of older heirloom veggies this year.

I forgot, got me a large packet of "marrowfat peas" to plant out, should yield a few pounds for drying and making mushy peas from later in the year!!!!

I grow everything in containers of one sort or an other so I have to be a little careful with my seed selection.

Just put my peas to chit Kelvedon Wonder. They only grow 2 to 3 foot high but crop well and in a good year I can get two crops from the same two containers. Last year I struck lucky so still have one good serving left in the freezer

For a mild salad onion I plant "Onion Bonus F1" from seed. They are a bit on the tender side and suffer from damping off but the survivors are a very nice, sweet onion with good keeping properties.

This year I have set a lot of summer flowering bulbs to see how they do here in the far north.

I always grow some Kelevedon Wonder peas. They are reliable, sweet and a good cropper for me.

I tried to grow peas as a trailing plant from a hig containier last season. The wind ripped them to shreds though :(

Planted 90 Stuttgarter onion sets today. Also puit out the solar pond pump.......The season begins in ernest now.

Conservatory windowsills full of sprouting stuff but mostly flowers. Thanks to Poundland

A small miniature lemon plant bought last year then flowered, developed 3 miniature lemons which have now ripened into Oranges!. No signs of any growth on it so far?

The only edible item a Kiwi plant which grew as one stem about 2 foot high last year. Overwintered in my office and leaves fell off, now shooting strongly from the original. Developed about 10 strong side shoot growths with flower buds at the bases. Sadly I read that Kiwi can be male orfemale!

DSCF1584-1.jpgWe decided to clean the patio, so my husband painted the cleaner on and left it over night. This imprint of tracks just shows what goes on in our gardens when we sleep. No tracks showed up on the untreated slabs. By the way it was envirementily friendly.

• Upvote 1

No idea! I was hoping someone can tell me. I know we have a problem with Slugs, Snails and Wood Lice. I hope it's nothing worse than those, it looks like 3 or 4 different size creepy crawleys. The thing is, we never knew it was happening until Chris put the Cleaner on the slabs overnight. There is not a mark on the untreated slabs. There is no little dead bodies about so the cleaner is harmless! but I would like to see the culprits.