Promotion Next Year!

In view of the events at Man Utd today do you think we should be starting a "Hands Off Derry" petition? we don't want any poaching going on, I suggest they go for Paul Ince, talking of failures how ironic would it be if Forest got in and won the playoffs with the set up they now have!

• Upvote 1

Never liked Paul Ince ......... he was such a pr*t when he was playing, always taking his shirt off at the end of a match trying to show off his 'buff' body. Didn't impress ME.

• Upvote 2

#26 Yes Ashley,i think "Derry" will go a long way in management,hopefully after getting Notts into the Championship at least.

By a long way, do you mean Torquay or Carlisle. Seriously , I hope he does well as I like locals or ex Forest players to succeed.

• Upvote 1

Nice 1 basfordred hes very "local" saw his Dad (john) in Morrisons Bulwell last week.

NOTTS nearly safe,after todays win,.........FOREST thashed,Pearce will have alot to do!

Another glum Sat night. Lit chiminea, four cans of Hobgoblin and out in the garden. If the brother-in-law comes round gloating, I swear I'll tw4t him. Only joking LOL

• Upvote 1

Sounds reasonable. We don't get on at all, never mind him being a Notts fan.

Sorry benjamin, he's not, but I don't want to upset the missus. She's tougher than he is.

• Upvote 1

it's only 2 weeks ago local (to me) forest fans were still predicting getting in the play offs, with the usual "Too good for this league" talk, and I agree, they should be, what with the crowds, stadium, history etc, maybe it'll all work out next year? but I'm left with a feeling that something is seriously wrong behind the scenes? I'm also wary of clubs who rehire a failure, a past player, or a "name" manager, Maybe it's just me as Worthington is having a roaring success! I really did think this year they were going to do it, makes you wonder what would have happened if Davies had stayed?

ps omit ryan giggs from my list,lol

If Notts County start next season like they've finished this one, then they'll certainly be in the play-offs, or better, next season. They escaped being relegated by fighting to the end and refusing to believe they couldn't do it. Not many people gave them a chance a while back as they were rock bottom in League 1 but they survived with three points to spare. Well done the Magpies.

Yes, could it be the quiet no ex England player (or manager) or big name approach has been the answer? I'm certain the era of Sven and post then must have set every other team determined to beat us? I also sense Derry is a clever plotter and planner? not only in his choice of loan or other players but in tactics, varying such to each game?

Well done Notts,i think they will build now,Derry has been around many clubs and i am sure he will recruit the right type of players with the attitude Notts require.