My small cheepo greenhouse blew over to-day & is completely bu****ed

I'd had it for five years and some of the metal frame had rusted through so when the wind caught it to-day a lot of them snapped.

I'd set my parsnips off in toilet roll middles only yesterday BAH ! :(

The greenhouse is in the recycle bin. :(

Parsnips in toilet rolls?

Yes the cardboerd bit in the middle.

They make very good plant pots & when seedlings are ready for plantimg out you dib a hole & place them in.

The card soon rots down.

I've got a cheapo greenhouse, (few quid from Argos) had it about 3 years. When it's windy it wobbles about a lot, I'm sure it'll go pee-doing & fall to bits one of these days. SWMBO will then insist we get a dearer one. :(

In the "owd days" gardeners built their own from scratch, my Gran had a home built one, I don't think their were commercially made ones on the market back in the 50's. You either built your own or got a joiner to build one for you.

Try and pick up a second hand one. You can easily get spare glass, clips, nuts & bolts etc. I got one about ten years ago for £60 and about £10 for spares. Still in use.

My neighbouring allotment bought a polythene tunnel greenhouse about 25 ft long by 12 ft wide. He was right upset when it blew away in the wind and smashed itself to pieces . It had a hinged wooden frame but that didn't help

My neighbouring allotment bought a polythene tunnel greenhouse about 25 ft long by 12 ft wide. He was right upset when it blew away in the wind and smashed itself to pieces . It had a hinged wooden frame but that didn't help

If you're gonna buy a plastic polytunnel...follow manufacturers instructions and anchor them down well....then do it all over again...and again... and if you're lucky it'll stay in one piece.