Evening Post 10 from the 50s

The last image of the residents clearing snow is exactly how I remember it at the back of Westdale Lane juniors playground where it over looked Digby Avenue . We were playing football on top of the hardpacked snow and the tennis ball we were using was being kicked through the hoops on top of the railings .That was all you could see above the snow .

Come on, Nottingham Post...let's have more please, many, many more.

Ten photographs from each decade was like an appetiser. Had that, enjoyed it, where's the main course?

• Upvote 1

Some great photos there Cliff Ton. Thanks for sharing the link. I don't know if any of the members here use Facebook and if you do, whether or not any of you are a 'fan' of the Nottingham page but they have recently been sharing some brilliant images of old Nottingham. Can post a link or share the photos here for anyone who hasn't seen them :) let me know!

• Upvote 2

Melissa , to my (limited) knowledge there are at least 3 from this site that are on the Nottingham facebook site , well 4 including yourself . It's true they do have some good photos and often interesting links to Notts related stories on there .

• Upvote 1

How far down Alfreton Road was that, or what now stands in its place? Looks a lot better then than it does now!

Racking my brains I think it was on the opposite side of Alfreton Road to Forest Road and just a little further up towards Canning Circus