Road Tax Disc from Oct 1st

• 1 month later...

Been looking at cars & vans today & saw one without a tax disc, not many people seem brave enough to take them out of the windscreen. Keep saying I'm going to take mine out but it seems so naughty, (not done it yet, I keep forgetting) we've had it drilled into us for so long about what'll happen if you don't have a tax disc..

• Upvote 3

Do you suppose most people just haven't seen it in the news? Took my disc out on the 1st - the sticky mark left where I pulled the holder off took some cleaning!

There'll be a bit of extra tax for the coffers when a vehicle changes hands: As a seller you get an automatic refund of unused months when you advise DVLA that you have sold. As a buyer you must pay for the current month onwards - so both parties pay for that month.

Where we used to sell a car as T&T, is it just T now?

• Upvote 1

Been looking for a car myself, Buy one with a years MOT. Then next year it is Road Tax, Insurance, & MOT all at once.

When I buy a car I could take the option of paying 6 months Road Tax instead of a year to break the expenditure up a bit next year, but that way costs more.

Somehow I might not bother, four weeks away from a Bus Pass !

• Upvote 2

No tax disc, takes me back to being a daft lad 50 years ago LOL

• Upvote 1