Exciting Time Back in Town

Been having a great time back in my home town, doing the tourist bit, been to Matlock, Chatsworth, Bakewell and yesterday met up with my long lost mate at Clumber park.

His wife found my message here in "find old friends " thread and we met and had a great day catching up.

Then last evening the highlight so far, had a lovely fast ride in an ambulance with two very nice paramedics ! Then an evening of very noisy scary stuff in Queens med A&E !

I had an onset of atrial fibrillation, thought my heart was going to explode !

Got sent home at 1-00 am when for some reason it stopped and went back to normal all of its own accord just as they were going to give me drugs.

All fine now so don't know what happened, had a Chinese meal and then whoosh, can only think I may have had a reaction to something in the meal maybe, but all good now.

Cannot fault the NHS and they still had me on record from my old address 30 years ago !

Quiet day today.

• Upvote 6

Hiya banjo48,

Sorry to read that you have had a scarey experience. I know exactly what you have experienced, I know that you can go back to Sinus Rythem as suddenly as you went into AF. I have had Paroxsysmal AF for a while and am just recovering from an op to stop it. I would make a guess as to the Spicy food and general exitement of your holiday triggered you off. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and hope to meet you on Wednesday. Best Wishes for the rest of your visit home.

• Upvote 2

Actually I am entitled, they have a reciprocal agreement with Australia as we have Medicare and are fully covered. I made no secret of being an Aussie now, in fact I had a few of the nurses asking me about oz and if they came what the employment prospects were as a nurse.

Our grandson once took ill while we were over there visiting. It was very late at night, the only option was to take him to Worthing hospital A & E. He was seen straight away (ahead of all the drunks, LOL) got the best of treatment, at no charge. We figured it was because there is no billing facility in the U.K.

Pity it doesn't work the other way round with the US Katyjay, my husband got Vertigo, following a flu jab the day before we flew to Miami 3 or 4 years ago. He ended up in Mount Sinai Hospital for a couple of days, having all sorts of tests and then a bill for $27,000 !! Luckily we have private health insurance here in UK and they covered the entire bill.

When my son was here from the state's he got a chest infection ,they billed for the prescription

after he had gone home ,cheeky bugger gave um my address,reminds me I'll have to post it to him.