Where to Get a Good Ploughmans Lunch

Ok my Nottm friends, where can I full fill one last thing, been craving for a good ploughmans but can't seem to find any never mind a good one , must be this healthy eating crap.

I normally eat very healthy mind you but one good bad meal won't heart me, I hope.

Brian

Yoy could try the Ferry at Muskham,just up the A1 from Newark, they do excellent food if you don't fancy the ploughmans,good views across the river as well

Rog

The Victoria pub at Holkham Hall estate village, Norfolk, the finest ploughman's you'll ever have, everything is home made, the bread, the pate, pies, and their black pudding scotch eggs are to die for, delivered on your plate warm, they manage to keep the yolk runny, I'm passing out just thinking about it, now, I have a photo somewhere..............

As a follow up I solved my dilemma by making my own ! Bought a nice pork pie from Newark market, some excellent gammon ham, from Morrisons and the pickles and crusty bread too.

Was beuuuutifull if I say so myself.

Had a nightmare 21 hours on the plane home, noisy kids screaming and one little darling kicking the back of my chair constantly !

Back in almost sunny oz, catching up with my family as though I've never been away !

All sorted till next time, that's if I can face the horrible flight again.

• Upvote 4

Glad to see you are back home safely banjo48. It was nice to meet you and share memories of 'School Days'. Perhaps you will get your 'Ploughmans' on the next home visit. Fingers crossed. There won't be too many children on your next flight. Or at least they sleep more of the journey!

• Upvote 1