Is Everyone Hibernating

If you get the same 20 to 30 people posting each day eventually the options become more limited,don't you think ?

100 ON LINE but how many posted?

i agree about rubbish posts melton,.............i'll try and keep em to a minimum mate.

• Upvote 6

Sometimes what is considered by some a 'rubbish post' can be turned into an interesting Topic,with a little 'banter and humour'

• Upvote 5

Anyone find that since the new guidelines on politics and all thing PC, some life has gone out of the subject matters posted on the Forum.

I personally find it safer to just play the word games and/or comment on safe topics rather than enter into debate or argument.......got fed up with the threads or posts being removed!

The days of open slather on abusing another member, like Beefsteak and myself in the good old days, are probably something long past.

Besides, sometimes the mundane goes down well with my warm milk and bikkies and, if I am ever feeling low - I just read a TGC post and realise how lucky I am.... :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

The serious side of life is something that I just get on with. I don't spend to much time talking about it.

There are many things in the world that I would change if I could. By the time we get to our age most of us have experienced happy and sad times. Good things and bad, made mistakes that can't be changed. Done things we wished we hadn't.

If I can make a difference to something for the better, then I will always give it a go. If not, then just except it.

So many people on Nottstalgia have so much knowledge to share. Whether it is; Buildings, Buses, Trains, Maps etc it is so interesting all of the time. I wish I was able to add to all of this Knowledge, but i'm afraid I can't, so my input relies on, as Benjamin says on #10. A bit of banter and Humour.

Rubbish to some but Treasure to others.

I'll Gerroff me soap box now. :)

• Upvote 9

It's worth remembering that many people didn't particularly like "vigorous debate" when it used to happen on the forum. There were many complaints - openly or privately - about some of the ranting and politics and opinions which were being pushed around.

These days you rarely see posts along the lines of "what's happening to Nottstalgia, why isn't it like it used to be?" It may not be just a coincidence that the number of members online has reached a new high, now that there are fewer threads of that type .

People were hibernating (to come back to the origins of this particular thread) because they didn't want to get involved in - or have to scroll through - discussions where a shouting match was going on.

• Upvote 4

It's around 50 years since I left Nottingham. i have offered what I remember of it but much has been previously discussed, so now I enjoy being up dated as to what is happening now along with other discussions. Nottstalgia is an interesting and valuable asset; long may it continue.

• Upvote 8

There's only so much to be commented on...the massive new building in Nottm has made it a different place nowadays.Especially with the hundreds of industries that have disappeared.

Best for us oldies to live in the past.There was more to chat about.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realise there were new PC guidelines, that must have happened when I was 'hibernating'. Yes, banter is great, you are awful Benjamin, but I like you.

Some good comments on here, forums like this, about Nottingham, must invariably run out of steam when so many contributors, like myself, live away and have done for many years. On the other hand, sometimes things aren't persued, ie, someone mentioned the fact that the Nottingham caves were to be featured on the 'Underground Britain' TV programme, it was, but I was surprised no-one has made a comment.

Then I get an enquiry from a student about 2 Castle Place, I posted a lot of facts, but have I received any feedback or thanks, not at all.

Any road, that's life, I must get back to rebuilding my fireplace, the weather down here is beyond belief, it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday morning.

• Upvote 2

Not much better here Pete. Roll on summer. At least the rain's a little warmer.

Anyway, we never ever let rain ruin a good railway trip.

• Upvote 1

I miss the political chat as I felt that I was always right !!! LOL.

However, there's still so much to chat about. Great topics, and some extremely interesting people !

• Upvote 3

I'm glad you said "Good" railway trip Bb #18, obviously you never went tender first in a thunder storm but looking on the bright side a few minutes later we ran through the end of a rainbow!

• Upvote 1

Agood analagy of life that Albert,...........many times ive gone Tender 1st thru a storm and come out at the end of a Rainbow....... :)

• Upvote 2