Brian Clough.....40 Years

Thanks Brian. Unforgettable years were to follow.

• Upvote 1

Brian Clough - wasn't he the manager in charge when Forest got themselves relegated?

I knew that my post would rattle a cage somewhere (that's why I said it). As Shakespeare once wrote: The evil in men liveth on, the good is oft interred with their bones.

I don't smoke a pipe any more, I vape.

I just don't get it why local folk get pleasure in deriding a local hero.

As a fervent Forest fan, I admire the achievements of Jimmy Sirrell .

• Upvote 1

Michael, I'm afraid some folk just like stirring things up don't they !!!!! LOL

Michael. I was teasing you and other Forest supporters - I thought you would realise that, without me having to append the suffix lol.

Why did I quote Shakespeare? It just seemed a suitable taunt from someone who was trying to reveal the side of him that never gets revealed by his adherents.

It's only football, part of the entertainment industry and of no proper relevance to real life.

I for one don't like being teased............ But you are forgiven this time . LOL

Top Valley, but we'll get him outside the Concert Hall next Wed. Tee, Hee, hee.

Oh no!!!, I forgot I tode yer I was going to the Concert Hall. I shall have to alter my appearance to make me look less like Errol Flynn.

Oh alright, we'll let you off. LOL

'While you’re busy looking for the perfect person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy' is a quote that'd be attributable to Brian Clough. He took us on a journey that no Nottingham Forest fan could ever have dreamt of. We may have run out of petrol at the end but what a ride we went on.

Chulla, I know that you're a nice chap and was just having a laugh so I'll look forward to having a drink with you when I can get to a meet-up.

• Upvote 3

I acknowledge the greatness of Cloughie. But as one who has lost all interest in football, my best time was the sixties when Johnnie Carey was manager. Days of Jimmy Baxter, Joe Baker, Henry Newton, Ian Story-Moore etc.

• Upvote 1