Good value car hire

Using the combined knowledge of Nottstalgia brainiacs, my wife and I wish to hire a small car for a month in April and again in August. Could some kind person give me a clue as to the best value and reliability of a UK car hire company,please?

Stan unsure where you are, but if outside the uk, it is far cheaper to book a car online before the trip.

My last trip was Sept 2014 and when picking up the car from Manchester airport, the nice lady in the car hire office was stunned at the price I had actually paid ! far far less than what she could offer in the uk.

The benefit is also you pick up and drop off at the airport. One trip I did, my son lent me his car for a couple of weeks then I hired one for another two weeks while there, was a real pain as I could not drop it back at the airport but somewhere down in town, then get a lift back to the airport.

Another benefit is they are all very late model low mileage cars, so very reliable plus they all have breakdown cover too.

One thing you do have to watch is them trying to "on sell" all the extra insurances etc. which can easily double the price ! if you have reasonable travel insurance anyway you are covered for the usual hire car extra's, that they try and hit you with.

Yes, Enterprise seem very good. My sons have a business which often necessitates renting vehicles and they have found that Enterprise are very good so they now have an account with them.

• 1 year later...

I received the following email this morning.

Hello

I´m Iryna Can and I work for the car hire company Auto Europe.

First, we would like to thank you for including links on your site to our domain http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/

We noticed that you are still linking to our old domain, which will soon be taken down; we would like to ask you if you could please update the url to the new domain so that visitors are able to access our new website and there are no broken links on your website which can frustrate users.

The links to our site are in the following pages of your domain:

<cut>

Here you have the link to the new website, so we would really appreciate if you could update it:

http://www.autoeurope.co.uk/

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards

Iryna Can

SEO Executive

Dear Iryna

Thank you for you email of today regarding correction of your web site address on our site.
Although Nottstalgia.com is primarily a local history discussion site for our historic city, Nottingham, and does not carry advertisements. Often we receive enquiries from visitors and our members will recommend companies associated with tourism etc.
Your Company appears on quite a few more of our discussion pages, and I have taken time to search and correct all links.
I have been an Auto Europe customer over many years in the US and Europe and recommend your company for value and service.
Thank you for bringing the change to our attention. I am impressed that you are contacting such sites as ours to correct the address.
Regards
Mick2me
Nottstalgia Nottingham Forums
www.nottstalgia.com
  • Upvote 1

Thank for putting this up Mick,going to look into it- my BIL and myself share hire at East Mid and tire of tramping thru compounds in the dark and wet- seeing if the vehicle has bumps and scratches.. ta!