I and many others appreciate your contribution in maps and pictures Cliff Ton. I signed up to Pinterest and they sent me 2 or 3 emails a day with scores of pictures attached, and browsing through these I found the above Broad Marsh pic, which is just what I was looking for. 

Edit, that's an interesting looking coach on the extreme left edge of the picture.

On 18/01/2018 at 4:40 PM, IAN123. said:

Is that Regent?....sign on the left.

It is a Regent fuel sign, Ian - looks like the illuminated version.

• Like 1
On 22/01/2018 at 7:42 PM, Willow wilson said:

Edit, that's an interesting looking coach on the extreme left edge of the picture.

I missed that comment when it first appeared, so here's a delayed reaction.

Bus experts may know, but the colour scheme isn't something local to here.  And it definitely has one of those dorsal fin things at the back.

GxsrZFb.jpg

4 hours ago, IAN123. said:

And lots of cars knocking about with running boards and frying pan headlamps... something that the BBC get wrong in Call The Midwife..houses full of Formica and boat bow drinks cabinets... simply not the case I recall houses full of 1940's stuff.

The current series of 'Call the Midwife' is set in 1963, I think, things have moved on a bit from the first programmes.

On 1/22/2018 at 11:05 PM, IAN123. said:

They remind of similar single - storey structures on Huntington St. They were near Wrights Graphics behind Vic bus station, might have been rehabilitation type setup.

If I remember rightly, at least one of them was used as the dining hall for hunto school. I do remember going to a hut type of place when I was at hunto.