Sign in to follow this  
Blacks Head Boy

4th Carlton Scouts

Hi all. I was in 4th Carlton(st Paul's Own) scouts from around 1978 to 1982/3. Just wondering if they are still going these days and if they still have the band. Parade Sundays were brilliant. I played the trumpet first then became a drummer for a while. Any memories or pictures from members on here.

Karlton    578

Blacks Head Boy #1

I was in 4th Carlton scouts round about 1950's Frank Maddison was the scout leader i think his brother Gerald had something to do with it, We was based in an old building opposite St. Pauls Church. We had Sunday parades. I don't know weather they are still going. Frank became an accountant in later life. He was very keen and a good scoutmaster as I recall. I know that he played the violin not on parade of course.

A chap called Phil Barlow was our skip when I first joined, a great bloke. He went on to become District Commisioner. Might search for a few of the lads on Facebook see what they have gone on to do

radfordred    2,623

Can't call them boy scouts anymore it's "Unisex Scouts" so transgender kids are not offended ..... Dib Dib Dib Dob Dob  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140293/Now-unisex-Scouts.html

• Like 1

Jill Sparrow    4,331
10 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Dib Dib Dib Dob Dob  

Dyb = do your best. Dob = do our best*....however, please read the small print. *not liable for the quality of the work or whether it gets completed. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer!

:(

plantfit    3,557

When I was in the Boy Scouts I could think of one or two who would have been better suited to the Girl Guides   slywink

Rog