My great aunt had a projector with a set of Laurel & Hardy movies, my all time favorite I think, had them moving a piano and there was a gorilla and rope bridge in it from memory even though I'd seen it many times I used to beg her to put it on.

A few others come to mind but only the big blockbusters of more recent times.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always enjoy anything with Laurel and Hardy in it, but now we are really going back a bit. Often think they were funniest in their silent days.

I was always at the Globe, near Trent Bridge, and the Dale cinema, on Sneinton Dale, when I was a kid. In my adult life I've watched very few films but have enjoyed all of them. Saturday Night and Sun

#5 well thats probably the end of this topic,very few left to mention. lol.

I know a lot of folks liked Norman Wisdom, but I could never get into his style of humor. Always seemed to me that he overdid it and it just wasn 't funny anymore.

Banjo. I think the piano moving was called The Music Box. It was a classic. I have it on dvd. Their various run ins with Charley Finlayson were always great too. A steadily escalating tit for tat. Until all was demolished.

I've got the Laurel and Hardy DVD boxed set with all their films on. I loved them when I was a kid, they were great family fun. The Music Box, where they're delivering the piano is the funniest, but there are so many classics. When my mam comes round she gets me to put them on, we have a great laugh together. :biggrin:

Haven't seen ' Lawrence of Arabia ' mentioned, I saw it at the Gaumont when I was about ten, it was my favourite for many years. And ' How the West was Won ' which I saw at the Cavendish in St Annes.

The Carry On films too, but only the original black and whites.

AH yes the fab. inspector 'Clouseau'.........................does the Dewg bite?..............have you a Reum?.............i am on the Pheaun........

• Upvote 2

In no particular order.

Brief Encounter, Thelma & Louise, The Wild Bunch, Shenendoah, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Marty, Night Moves, Falling Down, Beguiled, Play Misty For Me. The Last Picture Show.

The List of Adrian Messenger

The Black Tulip and The Iron Mask

Two films, I recall watching years ago (more than once) I must have enjoyed them to remember them for all these years.

I can't remember the full stories, but would imagine they would be a bit dated to watch now.

Cross of Iron. The Blue Max. How the West was won.

#36 Loppylugs. 99% of those films were seen on television! Most on BBC, without commercials. Which brings to mind seeing a film on American TV. The film began with the opening credits, and when they faded the scene shown next was nothing as I expected. It was the first commercial!!!

• Upvote 2

All the Carry On films, The old black and white comedies (such as Passport to Pimlico), Any of the old war films. Aren't I a boring old git.

• Upvote 1

Very funny film, they were a great trio. I can still remember the line ' ugh, looks like a frozen sausage '

and...................i thought i were great'..and..........'make your own F.....G TEA,

• Upvote 1