Pedometer challenge

darkazana, you have done really well. I don't know where you find time to relax with all the jobs you have to fit in a day. Your treasure hunt sounds brilliant, and I am sure that the children will love it.

We only have tomorrow left to enjoy at the seaside, a shame because we have enjoyed our break so much. We will try to be as active as possible tomorrow, because Saturday will be very inactive with travelling home, and settling in.

You will see a big drop in my step count once I get home, but I will do my best to stay active.

Enjoy your weekend. :biggrin:

Happy Stepping All.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Thought I'd check, I've missed out on a few a steps today due to the pedometer being on my phone, so whilst charging when I was getting ready for work I didn't have it on me, however, I've somehow managed 7,143 steps! The most I've managed thus far! Very pleased with that :) well done to everyone else also! And glad you've enjoyed your break Carni!

• Upvote 2

If you're really lucky Carni you can get steps in whilst travelling......if the pedometer is on in the car it counts bumps in the road :biggrin:

It makes me laugh to see how far I have walked home!

• Upvote 3

Wow,13379,18212 and 7143 steps is brilliant, who'd have thought all this stepping activity was possible a few weeks ago when the idea was first posted, seems like we are all benefitting from stepping,it would be interesting to see how many we have accumilated collectively during the challenge, (just a thought) on the site where I work there is six of us doing the challenge and in the first two weeks we have a total of over half a million steps and the average is mainly below the target figure of 10000 steps, can you imagine that over half a million in two weeks?

my step count yesterday I'm ashamed to say was only 8541, keep stepping folks you're doing great

Rog

• Upvote 3

I think I might get into this pedometer thing although I haven't a clue what you're supposed to do. Do you have to tie something under your feet and it registers everytime you tread on it?. What if you're walking down a quiet road at night, people will hear you coming from a mile away. I don't want to make myself look daft. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Did really well today and fitted in an extra walk, went to check my totals on my fitbit and bugger me, my battery had gone flat so not a clue as to what I actually did !

Michael #155 Most smart phones have an app that will count your steps, just download set up and it will register your steps, and silently :-))

• Upvote 2

It's 12.55, haven't stepped outside the house yet and just clocked 1000 steps.

I was only kidding with my post #155 :). The pedometer looks to be a really good thing, healthwise. I think that plantfit has done really well in starting this thread and getting so many of you involved. Because so many of you are involved you are pushing each other on and being an incentive to each other. I wish you all well.

• Upvote 3

#156 Banjo48 have you registered on the fitbit site? If you do you can synchronise your fitbit with the site (you should have a bluetooth devise for this which came with your fitbit) Then even if your battery goes flat when it's charged again all your steps will be saved to the site....and it tells you when your fitbit needs charging.

Michael, thanks for your post number 159 but it's all the other pedometerists that have made it possible,aren't they just great? there have been times when I thought "I'll have a day in the office today" but when I read the recent posts I get off my idle backside and have a walk round the site just so i don't let the others down, steps so far today bearing in mind it's my half day at work 8574 with a couple of hours to go before bed time so a few wanders round the garden, well done everyone you're just brilliant

Rog

• Upvote 4

Well Miducks, My holiday comes to an end today. We are both sorry it is over, because it has been such a great break for both of us.

The Pedometer Challenge has given me a project and has given us both a lot of laughs along the way. To be just strolling along or peddling on the cycles, and quite unexpectedly Chris would just turn to me and blurt out a number, he would be quietly counting steps. We would both burst out laughing. :biggrin:

Back to reality tomorrow. We will not get the chance to walk or cycle, because of travelling and unpacking at home etc. I will still report in with my total, as even just moving around the home can soon mount up. Today we have not cycled, but have spent all day on and off, walking around BP and St Anns.

Todays steps with my Ped on = 8,568. More realistic. :) Loving the challenge :)

• Upvote 4

A half day for me at work as well today, but what a half day it turned out to be.

First off having to post notices all over the site because the bus company has decided to stop the service which passed the site from Kings Lynn to Hunstanton (it was very popular) so had to inform our members of the route change.

Then did some cone collecting as one pitch was covered in them and looked a mess. Took the cones (a wheel barrow full) to our Wildlife area for future use and decided to start clearing the nettle roots ready for planting some fox gloves and other self seeding wildflowers next week. But sadly didn't get far as one of our members was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack (just as they were leaving the site). Her husband was very upset but was concerned about their dogs too as he couldn't abandon them, so I took charge of the dogs while the warden reassured him that we would look after them, and that his caravan would be just fine in the carpark....thank goodness they hadn't actually left the site. Having walked the two yorkies (I was relieved it wasn't 2 rotties!!!) we settled them in one of the garages, and the husband accompanied his wife to hospital in the ambulance.

I don't know how things turned out as we then finished for the day and went back to our friends house to feed the chucks before coming home for a couple of days.....with 5 loverly fresh eggs (thank you chucks) and some equally loverly straight from the garden asparagus, which went very well with fresh salmon and hollandaise sauce, yum yum.

And so having baked a cake for our friends return (using some of their eggs,) and some Billionaires shortbread for next Fridays morning coffee (a ritual on this site to have cake on a Friday, not that I will be having any) getting to the point ,my steps for today are 9218.

I'm sure you'll be getting some steps in doing all the unpacking when you get back Carni. Have a good trip home.

Have a great Bank Holiday folks...Whitsuntide already.....soon be Christmas :)

• Upvote 3

Finished Friday off with 9870 steps,so quite pleased with that,had an email from Kathy who is collating all the steps data from all 187 employees who are taking part in the works challenge and she says "the average number of steps per person so far is 9015 a bit short of the 10000 steps target but on a par with last years challenge", also collectively "we have done over 88 million steps or as she puts it 40,260 miles",(not sure about the conversion but she must know what she is doing) anyway back to the Nottstalgia pedometerists, anyone care to work out our collective steps and convert them to miles? I reckon we will be surprised with the answer,keep stepping pedometerists you,re doing great and thanks for the encouragement you have given each other

Rog

• Upvote 3

Time to add my days step count, and as I expected there is a big drop in my total for today. I have had a busy day, but not much walking about and no time for cycling. Today we have returned home from a very enjoyable break.

Tomorrow and Monday we are devoting our time to our family, so there will be no cycling and possibly not much walking either. Tuesday. Hopefully the cycles will be out, and I am going to make a special effort to walk more?

My count for today is 5,860, gained solely from cleaning and vacating our Holiday Apartment and arriving home and unpacking, doing the laundry, and cooking supper.

I am afraid I am not very handy with Mathematics, so I wouldn't know where to begin converting our steps to miles.

Well done for your step counts above everyone and Good Luck for todays scores. :biggrin:

Well now, according to my fitbit, which records miles and calories burned, and stairs climbed, today, having had a quiet day in the garden and doing some baking, I have walked 5993 steps or 2.54 miles, which roughly means that 1 mile = 2359 steps. (approximately)

Hope that helps folks smile2

Incidentally I have burned 1560 calories (it takes into account breathing, resting etc not just activity) and today I have not gone up any stairs.

• Upvote 1

Went to Mablethorpe yesterday and came home with 14,000 plus steps. There were more but unfortunately my phone battery died and didn't record my last couple of hours there! By far the most I've done though! When I'm on my laptop I'll have a good at adding up and converting all our steps!

• Upvote 3

Well done Melissa, 14000 plus is amazing,you must have been on your feet all day and night,I think it was Carni who said this challenge is addictive and it seems like you're addicted, my step count for yesterday was 12847 surprised myself there I can tell you, Thanks for having a go at converting steps to miles Melissa, I'll have a go as well, should give some perspective to what we are doing, keep stepping up guy's I wish I could keep up with you all,well done

Rog

• Upvote 3

Well done everyone. Those Steps are mounting up. Have you noticed how the number is growing as time goes by. I did have a go at totting the steps up today, but I could only add the steps that were actually written down. There are a few estimated totals, which threw me a bit? Good luck with the convertion Melissa.

Today again has been another fairly inactive day, the steps I have made are from moving around at home and a pleasant walk by the River and shops at Bewdley. Tomorrow may be similar, but I won't get dispondent, because we have set the day as Tuesday to get back on track (cycling) Weather permitting.

At least I have learnt during my Holiday last week that I am getting fitter, which is what it is all about.

My steps today are 6,840. Good Luck with your Totals everyone and remember.........Keeeeeeep Stepping. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Very quiet day for me today. Came back to Norfolk and fed the chucks, took some plants from my garden to the site and potted them until ready to put into our wildlife haven area (fox gloves, lupins, lemon balm and lavender for now), made Sunday Roast and then spent the afternoon having a rare battery recharge session, knitting squares for a throw. So the lowest of the low totals for me 3948.... I hang my head in shame :No1:

• Upvote 2

Look at everything you have managed to fit in today darkazana. It might not show upon the fitbit as steps, but it all adds up to getting fit. There will be no stopping you tomorrow when your batteries are fully charged. :)

I might start knitting again. I used to spend hours, when the Aran Jumpers and Cardigans were in fashion. I think I have still got all my old Knitting needles at the back of a cupboard somewhere. Problem is, I will have to convert all the sizes to metric.

Anyway back to the Ped Challenge. Onward and Upwards. Tomorrow is another day. We shall succeed. thumbsup

• Upvote 2

Where is the shame in 3948 steps, none in my book darkazana, just think you are feeling fitter now than before the challenge so a big well done,

carni,you say you learned during the holiday that you are getting fitter,I am so pleased for you,the encouragement we have all been given on this site is amazing and has certainly spurred me on but most of all you have yourselves to thank for wanting to do the challenge and actually doing it.

My step count for yesterday was only 9288 which is not too bad considering I spent most of my time stood outside ladies clothing shops in Meadowhall Sheffield.

Well done all keeeeeeep stepping

Rog

• Upvote 3

A busy day today see other post in "hows your day" I have amazed myself and need to sit down,,steps today 14682, don't plan on doing much for the rest of the evening so that will do for me

Keeeeep stepping pedometerists

Rog

• Upvote 3

Whey Hey Hey plantfit, Fantastic. Well Done. You deserve a well earned rest now. Put them feet up and Reeeeeeelax.

Now to my step count. 5,365 :huh: Lazy Lazy Day. Back to normal tomorrow. :biggrin: Back On Mi Bike Son.

To much Chatting and Eating today. Nice but very very naughty. :P

Good Luck with your steps Gang.

• Upvote 2

A bit better today, though not my best, 5382. It was an office bound day and as we are a full site at the moment there is not much to be done outside. having said that tomorrow is indeed another day and as I will be on toilet duties again (whoopie do) I can also get out and about in the afternoon and I aim to have another go at the wildlife haven, clearing the nettle roots so that I can get the plants in that I brought from home. and hopefully start on a shallow bin lid pond and bog garden area below it.

Well halfway through this post the doorbell went, a camper with electrical problems and as the man of our team half was in the bath I had to go out and sort it (having first changed out of my jammies!!!!!) So I now have 6164 steps...much more acceptable to me. Thank goodness the call out was a decent distance to walk :) I shall sleep well tonight!

• Upvote 1