Pedometer challenge

Right then I'm done for today. Scores are in! All Approx!

Walking round the house this morning with Pedemeter............................................2,025

Gates, Ducks, Morrissons deducted, leaves cycling for 1hr.30mins at 7mph...........5,400

Total...........7,425 + 200cals burnt over 30mins Execise Bike

That's Cool. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Busy busy for me today. Toilet cleaning duties this morning and then on cone clearing and pitch edging....we get all the best jobs at Sandringham!! so total today is 9699.....think I'll give walking round the site a miss tonight :)

• Upvote 2

OK you Stepists. Here is my todays effort.

Shopping and just general walking around home this morning. Pedometer....................................1,820

Cycling 1hour and 45mins approx 7mph (less 15mins opening gates)............................................5,400

walking around at home this Afto and ALDI. Pedometer..................................................................1,400

Total..........8,620

I think my little legs wonder what's going on? :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Wow, you've got me beat Carni, I only managed 4900ish today, another office day but decided to give my body a rest too as it is Sunday, and my feet were feeling it as those steps were all done in and around the office checking in 56 campers, so no walk round the site tonight, just a sit down with my knitting in front of Midsomer Murders :)

• Upvote 1

7042 on Sunday, mostly walking around the shops looking for the most expensive curtain rail she could find, when she found it I had to get it in the pickup truck somehow (just over 8ft long) and then fit it when we got home,back at work today for a rest slywink

Rog

• Upvote 2

Well, Would you believe it!! I have had the busiest day. I have been in the Kitchen nearly all day.

I have been preparing and bulk cooking my Beef Chilly Fry. (Secret recipe.) I'll tell you for a fiver! lol.My kitchen is a very small Galley Kitchen. I love it. Every thing is a reach or a spin and a reach away.

Problem is, with all that spinning and reaching, it doesn't record many steps. Consequently my step count is low today...............4,740!!! Huh :biggrin:

It's not verily fair. I deserve so so much more! (Foot stamping and Tantrum time) Too wacked even for a cycle ride. OH and i've done all the ironing!

Come on gang, Don't let the side down. smile2

• Upvote 2

I know how you feel Carni. After cleaning the loos today by lunchtime I had around 4000 on the fitbit. After lunch hubby and I set about clearing a big patch of nettles for about an hour, amount of steps recorded?.....368!!!!!all that pulling up and no steps involved, I was gutted!

Still since then we have come to our friends house as we are looking after their chucks while they are away (they live just down the road from Sandringham) and after that I now have 7147 steps...bizarrely I don't feel as whacked as I did after pulling up nettles!!

• Upvote 1

Well done darkazana. All that strenuous work and no steps to show for it. A Good score though!

I have set myself another target of trying to get one or two days of 10,000 steps before Saturday, just for an added challenge. We are off to Lytham St Annes for a week, really looking forward to a holiday. I missed out last year because our holiday was so soon after my surgery, that I was still recovering. We will have our cycles, and probably walk a bit more than usual. So will still be participating in our Pedometer Challenge. (I'm really enjoying doing it)

I don't think we will be denying ourselves very much. Can't wait.

• Upvote 2

We were there last week, Carni, really enjoyed the place. Never did see the sea though, I thought it went out a long way at Skeggy, i think this is further.

Lytham St Annes is quite quiet, (hope it still is) and just far enough away from noisy Blackpool for us. We can ride our cycles because it is nice and flat and we have sussed a few routes out. It's a very nice place to visit,I hope you enjoyed yourselves Katyjay.

I'm not sure you missed much with the sea. It never looks very inviting to me. Looking forward to the break so much. Fingers crossed for no rain. We'll be happy with that.

I'll be using my Pedometer everyday on the way to the Chipshop and Cake shops. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Carni, don't know if you are familiar with Lytham, but there is a big pub there called The Lord Derby. Meals are very reasonable there, and good portions.

#63. Any idea how many steps from Wolverhampton to Lytham?

• Upvote 1

Katyjay, thankyou for the tip. Our Apartment is 150 yrds from there, just around the corner opposite the Beach. We will definately give it a try. :biggrin:

Chulla, At a very quick guess. I would say 238,000, give or take a couple? slywink

Melissa, the exercise will help shift the pounds especially if coupled with a good diet. I lost a pound a week when I had to lose weight and have kept it off. Best way for this is cut portion sizes and watch your carbs and fats. Don't cut anything out completely, but watch the snacking, cakes, biscuits, crisps etc. It's hard at first, but after a while your body adjusts and you don't miss the extras. Now for me a treat is just that and so much more enjoyable.

You will be needing at least 6000 steps a day to help with this.

Good luck and we look forward to you joining us with the stepcercise :jumping:

• Upvote 2

Just under 6000 steps yesterday (Mon) must get out on site and have a good walk round today, get this paperwork out of the way first, raining here at the moment but I'm not made of sugar so won't disolve, here I go then,

Good news about the amount of steps you are all doing,better pull me socks up as they say and try to catch up with you

Rog

• Upvote 1

Carni, sounds like you'll be staying on the same road we did. We were at the Glendower Hotel, (Best Western) 2 North Parade, we passed holiday apartments coming from the pub. Crikey, but for a couple of weeks, we could have had a mini meetup.

Katyjay, We are in Manhattan Lodge, 26 North Promenade. We chose Apartment no1 on the ground floor, because it is easier on hubbs knees. We could have had Sea veiws but we decided on the ground floor instead. Hopefully, we won't spend to much time indoors.

The Apartments look ok, so long as its clean i'll be happy!

Shame about missing each other, Katyjay, but still look forward to meeting one day in the future.

I should have said North Promenade not Parade. One if these days gel, we'll get to meet. Have a lovely time, I wish you sunshine and lots of it.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely no probs Melissa. I am only too happy to help if I can :)

• Upvote 3

Here we go!

Afraid I didn't make my 10,000 today!

Pedometer this morning...................................................1,780

Same cycle route as on Sunday........................................5,400

Pedometer this afto.........................................................1,650

Total............ 8,830

Well, I have only got tomorrow and Friday to get to 10,000, because it is my daughters birthday on Thursday and she wants us to take her to Bewdley for Fish and Chips as a special treat! I can't argue with that can I. :biggrin:

Will go for it tomorrow. Bring it on. :ohmy:

• Upvote 4

Still not a bad score for yesterday carni, I only managed 3797 on my fitbit, mainly because we went for a house viewing which was a total 3 hours driving so not much walking done there. Then shopping but that obviously didn't add much either. Then because we had our offer accepted it was off to the pub for a bit of a jolly.

Still did have a bit of exercise later on, 50 long arm crunches, as they were called, (sort of sit ups with your arms raised) as part of a facebook 30 day fitness thingy, so perhaps they may count for something.

Today we are off on a touristy day so hopefully lots of walking involved.