Pedometer challenge

Well Pedometerists (nice word Lizzie #113) My Steps for today.

We have been on the go, (mainly cycling today), and I know I am not moving much more tonight, except to the Kettle, the Powder room, and Bed!

Here is my breakdown of my activities. Pleased to say we passed our goal. YAHOO.

This morning. Approximately 2hrs 15mins cycling at 7mph(very windy) = 8,859

This afternoon " 3/4 hr " " = 2,933

Pedometer Walking through the day = 2,284

Total = 14,076 steps (all approx)

It's nice being on holiday :)

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Well done Carni, over 14000 steps,seems like you're getting fitter by the day,have you noticed any improvement to your health? seems like there's no stopping all you pedometerists ( I agree with Carni,great word Lizzie) had a fairly lazy day today myself, took Mrs p to the gym, fitted the new light in the living room and the old living room light I fitted in the hall way (up and down ladders/steps,cooked dinner for us then washed up,time for a sit down now and check the pedometer when it's bed time to get my daily score,will post it tomorrow, back to work tomorrow so a walk around the quarry checking around the plant and a bit of office work before another walk around the quarry, another day gone on the challenge and a big well done to all you pedometerists (I like that word)

Rog

• Upvote 2

I suppose someone had to say it - pedometerist is a good word, better than pedophile, even though latter would be correct. Yes, yes, I know the 'a' is missing.

We are very pleased at the change in my health over the last 3 or 4 weeks. I saw the Cardiologist on April 2nd and she weaned me off the heart medication. I had been on it since 1999, but because I had a Stroke in 2005, I have to stay on Warfarin and another med for life. She told me I could do some gentle excercises, but the cycling did upset my heartrate a bit at first. And I still can't walk far, without getting breathless.

During April, I was having some problems, probably my heart having withdrawal symptoms. BUT. Everything seems to be settling down now.The Pedometer Challenge has given me something to aim for. I have to say, I feel better now than I have since 1999. Brilliant.

• Upvote 5

Well I started to post my activities of yesterday and it turned into a long blog, so I have started a new thread Wildlife Haven, which I shall continue to add to over the next few months, in the meantime my activities of yesterday brought my steps up to 11565, very pleased with that.

I think one of the best benefits of our extra curricular activities is knowing it is improving our health, Carni. I have more energy since watching my diet and increasing my exercise. It's good to know that you are also enjoying better health. It's certainly a strong incentive to continue keeping fit.

• Upvote 4

Feeling benefits already after only two weeks must be a positive, like you I too am feeling healthier,seem to have more energy and don't get out of breath so quick now, when I started this pedometer challenge I thought it was just about counting daily steps but since I have been doing it I find it is a lot more than that, it's about feeling better health wise,feeling better about myself in general and being part of a team whether it's the company team or the Nottstalgia team, well done all. my steps yesterday 9421

Rog

• Upvote 4

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns.

From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting to put it on first thing. Today we did a couple of tests and realised I have not recorded quite a lot of steps. So here goes with todays total.

Approx 2hrs and 15mins cycling at average 7mph = 8,792

Walking with Ped on. =5,057

Total 13,849 ish!

I have even enjoyed the walking today, which is something I haven't done for a long while. Hubby can't get over the improvement in me, and I am over the moon. :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

Melissa, It has to be very difficult for you to get the steps in while you are at work all day. After a long day, I imagine that excercise is not at the top of your list.

For this week, I am on holiday: so this is all I have to do all day. Walk and Cycle, so my step count will be higher than at home. It is doing me the world of good to feel my health improving, after the last few years of uncertainty. When I return home, my step count will drop, possibly by half, I will always fit a cycle ride in when possible, but fitting a walk in will be a problem. I don't think of this weeks step count as the normal, just a bonus.

Any way Melissa Miduck, I'll make a bet that you are missing more than you realise, if you don't put your ped on when you first get up or are taking it off to soon.

Keep going, You are doing Ok. Make your steps up by doing a bit of "Retail Therapy" at the weekend. :biggrin: The main thing is trying to keep moving, when you can. :)

• Upvote 3

Day off (from work) yesterday, so a late start and a rainy day didn't help, as I spent an hour or so catching up with my tapestry (a project I started over 20 years ago and resumed last year at Poolsbrook - should finish it while here at Sandringham) a cup of coffee and a spot of lunch and my tally was 963 steps :ohmy:

Still raining after lunch and we set of for Holkham Hall, an inside viewing day.

After a walk around Holkham Hall...followed by a cream tea (day off from sensible diet too) a quick visit to the shops for some veggies and home, 3450 and it was still raining, not encouraging to take a walk.

However after tea the sun was shining so 7.30pm saw me taking a brisk walk up the A148 for 20 minutes. That's better. My tally for the day by bedtime was 7011......boy did I have to work at it. Sometimes that's just the way it is. I have to admit I really didn't feel like trying by the time we got back from our day out, but my mood changed when the sun came out........shows how we can be influenced by external factors.

• Upvote 3

Busy day yesterday at work, contractors on site so they need looking after and making sure they are safe, one of mt staff going through some earth moving machine training so running about looking for paperwork, test papers and trying to gat machine availability for him,rained all morning but still have to work outside no matter what the weather, steps yesterday came to 12660,amazed at that, had to look twice at the pedometer to make sure i wasn't seeing things, carni, great to hear of the health benefits and the enthusiasm you are showing to this little challenge,darkazana same for you setting the challenge for yourself and reaching your target, Melissa,walking instead of getting a lift,now you've really got the bug and respect to you, Lizzie,spending a lot of time in front of computer and still getting over 6000 steps got to be good,anyone else who I might have missed out well done to you all,get fitter and feel happier

Rog

• Upvote 3

Good Evening to all of you Pedometerists out there, One very weary holidaymaker reporting in!

Today we have taken it a bit slower. No cycling. We decided to do some sightseeing today as it has been a bit rainy, so we drove to Morecambe. We were so impressed, we didn't even get out of the car. Back to Lytham St Anns and did some exploring (on foot), so most of my Steps today are from walking around Lytham St Anns.

Not as good a result as the last couple of days, but the forcast is better for tomorrow, so the cycles will be out again. Today, We have have done 8,235. I'm more than happy with that total, because as long as I didn't talk to much as we walked, I could breathe as well. Today I walked more than I have for months. :) Keep up the good work everyone, hope you are happy with your Steps today. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Well done Carni, I'm on a different shift and forgot to change my pedometer time over to start so haven't bothered today. Will report in tomorrow though :) thanks for the encouragement guys, and happy to hear your health has improved Carni!

• Upvote 3

, so we drove to Morecambe. We were so impressed, we didn't even get out of the car.

I've been to Morcambe. I was similarly impressed. Got out the car for about 3 mins - got back in the car and left!

• Upvote 1

Well done all again, sometimes you don't realise the steps that you cover if you are enjoying a walk around sight seeing. No rush, just taking it nice and easy, it soon builds up.

I have had another office day, but also still sorting out hanging basket etc when it was quiet......dodging the bursts of rain and hail and managed to get 7788 steps in, so although not 10000 + it's still above my normal step count, and that was without a jaunt around the site tonight.

As for Morecambe, I have never been, but I do remember we took a steam train to Minehead once.......spent a very short time walking up the high street, went into a pub where even the menu was sticky and decided to spend the rest of the trip back on the steam train waiting for it to leave!!!

• Upvote 2

Steady day yesterday at work,mainly paperwork and spreadsheet stuff but did manage to get on site to check on contractors and my own staff,won't have my pickup truck after I get to work tomorrow as a couple of guy's are using it to go on a training course in Desford,they won't be back until about 18.00hrs so a long day,will get sonme steps in then, yesterdays megre effort was only 6534,still breathing better though in spite of having man flu,and I am not feeling so tired now so must be doing some good, well done everyone on your step count and it's just great you are feeling fitter by doing a few steps extra

Rog

Today the weather has been dry all day, so we have made the best of it and got out and about all afternoon. First of all we had a very gentle walk around St Anns, wearing my Ped, doing all the Charity Shops, and Fancy Goods, buying gifts for family.

Mid afternoon we got the cycles out and aimed for Blackpool. We have chosen very well coming away this week. Everywhere is very quiet, with just a few people strolling about. The wind was against us on the outward journey: making it hard going, our average speed was 6/7mph, coming back was a doddle, our speed making 10/11mph. I have worked my overall mileage at 7mph to be on the safe side.

We had another stroll around the shops in BP, wearing my Ped, before returning to St Anns, and another walk around the shops and beach.

Here is my total for today, and I enjoyed every step taken.

Early and late walks together, with Ped on. 5,168

1hr and 30mins cycling at 7mph 5,859

Total 11,027 Thats Cool.

Happy Stepping Everyone. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Not a bad day today...toilet block cleaning duties again, so that always adds steps on, then did some work on our natural habitat area, cleaning up some leaves, twigs, cones and general debris from the car park and making a mound of it so that it can either rot down, or be used as home by some creatures.

Next it was finishing emptying out the winter flower tubs and baskets and redistributing the contents thoughtfully, and then onto the bin run with hubby....today he drove the tractor and I walked....for obvious reasons.

Then weekly shop and todays total is 10385....that will do nicely thank you, though I do still have to do my 30 day fitness challenge.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Carni. Must admit I love working outside and today there was the added bonus that most of the time a blackbird was singing its heart out...an absolute treat to listen to. Tomorrows job (unless it has been done today) is to transfer the start of the compost pile into the new bin which Rog, our warden, built for us today (which was after I suggested it I am proud to say)...it hopefully will burn some of the calories I put on tonight, having had a curry, even if it doesn't count for many steps :)

• Upvote 2

Just checking in ....... as I'm not doing anything unusual or exciting to achieve good step counts each day I just want to record that I'm averaging 6,500 per day without even trying, but it does help to have a dog that needs a walk come rain or shine.

• Upvote 5

Now up to 13000 steps per day average this week, plus my usual 40 min bike ride. Most of mine is dog walking too, but it all counts, even my springer is looking fitter too and has developed a "spring" in her step. She's 7 so was putting on the weight and slowing down as well.

Weigh in day again tomorrow.

• Upvote 4

It's all looking good for the pedometerists and now the dogs are beginning to feel the benefit,great news, not too many again yesterday for me just 9481 but heading in the right direction, today is running through some training I will be giving at a site in North Lincolnshire, followed by spreadsheets and paperwork but also need to walk around the site so will have to see what happens, don't get home until after half six so by the time I've had a shower and eaten my dinner theres not much time left to get out and about in the countryside but the bank holiday is nearly here so should get some steps in then, well done all and to banjo's dog

Rog

• Upvote 2

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge, and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

The complete round trip was just under twenty miles, plus a bit of back street exploring. The outward journey was the easiest with the wind behind us and a few freebies going downhill, BUT, on the homeward journey, those freebies, were hard work going back up the hills: against the wind.

Two thirds of the route was on the Prom, which is a cycle route, making the ride more enjoyable with the sea view (And Wind) Anyway here is my fantabulous total for today. Are you ready for this? 1hr 30mins at 7mph cycling 5,859

1hr 45mins " 6,839

Walking with Ped on 5,514

18,212 ish

So Thrilled. I'm definately on the mend. :)

• Upvote 6

Woah.....see that girl go!

Well done Carni, you leave us other humble peds standing!! bowdown

Seriously it's great that you have achieved so much since the start of this challenge. You can only reap the benefits.

I have had another fairly busy day, washing shower curtains, shovelling all the first collections of our compost into the new bin (photos coming up on the Wildlife Haven Thread this weekend when I can download them from my phone), cleaning the inbetween bits of some block paving and walking the treasure hunt route that I set up for visiting children to check that all the clues are in place ready for the coming half term hols, and ironing washed and dried shower curtains then returning them to appropriate shower blocks.... so total fitbit steps so far 10,229.

Oh yes of course there is the little matter of 70 minutes of yoga from which I have just returned =3150 steps so a grand total today of 13379 steps :biggrin:

It will be all down hill from here though, we finish at 2 tomorrow and have the weekend off, so I expect I will be a late riser with a shorter day, though we have got to start packing up our house for moving (Hopefully third time lucky!) so we won't be couch potatoes.

Keep stepping out folks, lots more steps to be had yet hellothere

• Upvote 3