Pedometer challenge

Apparently there is also a New York up North, Newcastle way!!

Not a very good day for me yesterday in the walking dept, didn't even make 3000 steps, but I did do 1 hour 45mins of yoga last night, and it's getting quite advanced now, we were quite literally nearly standing on our heads, so that should equate to a few steps.

Started today with a walk around the site as we weren't due to go into the office until 10, so had 2353 steps before 9 :)

Then it was back to the loo cleaning routine, having inspected the wildlife haven, and various other bit and bobs site wise, including helping one very fraught man to put his awning up at 8.45 this evening (he had lost a caravan wheel en route, not one of his better days) so todays steps total 8488.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Well done fellow Pedometerists. darkazana, if we could convert that Yoga to steps you would probably get a nice surprise. Good luck tomorrow with the Trike plantfit, and thanks for the tip about the CO2, I will keep an eye on my tyre!

Keeeeep Stepping Everyone!

Todays step count is at the moment (dont plan on doing much now) 10192 plus a trike ride round the locale,(see my trike ride thread)thinking of having a nice soak in the bath now,I usually just have a shower every day but with the legs aching a bit a soak in the bath might do some good,

Looks like we might be joined by Katyjay on the pedometer challenge,look forward to reading her posts from the states about stepping,

Keeeeep stepping everyone

Rog

All those steps and a Trike ride. No wonder you need a nice relaxing bath. Well done plantfit.

I spent about 3hrs spinning around in my little kitchen today, Making trifle, and custard, whipping cream, making pigs in blankets and preparing veg, home made sage and onion stuffing, the works. My Daughter was cooking dinner tomorrow for 8 of us for Fathers Day. But she has been ill all week with a really heavy cold. It took me right up untill 10am this morning to convince her to let me take over. So even though I was so busy, I didn't move far in my galley kitchen. Minimal Steps!

The rain eased off this afternoon, so at 4.30pm out came the cycles (Tyre still up) and it was so pleasant, the rain had freshened the air and very few people around. On the old Stafford road In the distance at one stage we could hear lots of clanging, it sounded like an old clapped out train, as we got closer and turned a bend in the lane there coming towards us was an "Old Traction Engine" The driver promptly gave us whooowhooo on his Whistle, not very often you pass one of those these days. We could hear him blowing his whistle for a good half hour in the distance. Anyway(I'm Rambling again) here is my record for today. Ped 2,055 plus 1hr 45mins cycling 6,839. Total 8,894. That's Cool.

Hope you get on ok with your Ped's Katyjay. Welcome to the gang. Keeeeep Stepping.

• Upvote 1

Got to figure it all out first, and link it to the computer. #1 son is coming round for lunch to tomorrow, hopefully he'll sort it for me. It does all kinds of things, including I think, letting you know if you have not moved much for an hour. The mind boggles at what it will do, give you an almighty electric shock and shouts, get up yer lazy bogger.

• Upvote 5

You don't have to read this thread Chulla,you know what it's about, so please do not make denigrating remarks. If you can't contribute positively please don't bother at all. We don't comments on posts which you make that we may find boring.

Katyjay welcome to the gang. Hope you enjoy stepping out with us hellothere

Normal day for me yesterday on outside duties, but still felt I needed a walk after tea, so final total was 9313

• Upvote 2

Ay up..... Slapped wrist for Chulla this morning. LOL

Good Total darkazana Well Done. Today is going to be a Kitchen day for me, so it will be interesting to see if I can register many steps. As you see in the "Hows your day" thread, we have one broken oven and one large Turkey waiting to be cooked. Will report days step count later.

Darkazana, It was only the other week you said you will be happy to get to 6000 steps a day now look at what you're achieving, that a fantastic step count

carni, kitchen day or not you are still counting the steps,sorry to read about the oven, but you've got another plan in place which is good also you have a brand new cooker/oven to look forward to,

it's clouded over a bit here but when it brightens up the trike will be out again plus a bit of gardening so will check the step count later

Keeeeeeeep stepping and showering us with numbers slywink

Rog

• Upvote 1

Chulla was only joking, you have all got to lighten up. He has a dry sense of humour. It didn't offend me at all.

• Upvote 3

Darkazana, bless you. Don't you know that katyjay is my sister. She's 5000 miles away from me so I can pull her leg without fear of physical retribution..

• Upvote 3

Well Pedometer Buddies, My day has been so busy, with having people over for dinner, and having no main oven to cook with. It was chaotic for about 4hrs, with me trying to get the meal prepared in time. The amount of steps that I have recorded, don't show the true account of my movements today, I have been whizzing around most of the day but not covering much distance.

Back to cycling tomorrow. We really miss our outings if we can't get out. Anyway, here we go. Just my Pedometer reading today. 3,310. The numbers really don't show how much energy I have used up, but I expect it is the same affect as when you Pedometerists are stuck in the office all day.

Hope your days have gone well. Remember all. It's doing us good. keeeeeep Stepping.

• Upvote 1

Ooooops sorry Chulla, andKatyjay no I didn't know that you were brother and sister :blush:

Office day today, and I was truly tied to it so a grand total of 4107. I really must get back into the site circuit habit again on office days at least.

But as you say Carni, it doesn't register the energy you are using and my office days are mainly standing up, just having a sit down at tea and lunch breaks.

So onwards and upwards

• Upvote 2

Just joined another 10000 step challenge for Fitbit users on the Fatsecret website, hopefully this will encourage me to up my steps again a bit more :)

• Upvote 1

Good luck with your new challenge darkazana, I'm sure you will do well. I know all of these things help to keep us motivated.

Hope you managed to get your gardening done plantfit, and the weather stayed dry for your Trike ride.

Today I have walked more than I have for months (Not my favourite passtime). It was due to having to walk around our little "City of W-ton" looking for the best bargain on a "New Cooker", seeing as mine partly croaked it yesterday. It wasn't futile, we found one and it is being delivered and fitted tomorrow.

We returned home and ten minutes later we were back in the car and driving to Ironbridge for a walk by the river and icecream. All of this walking brought my "Ped Steps" to the total of 6,231. Add this to my cycle ride this evening, I have deducted 30mins for dallying, leaving 1hr at 7mph = 3906. My Grand Total is ....10,137.

keeeep the spirit up and keeeep those feet a steppin' everyone. We're all doing great!

• Upvote 1

Our cleaning duty day today, coupled with helping on the morning bin run as one of the staff was out getting his car MOT'd, then a trip to Dersingham in the torrential rain to pay the paper bill (by car ....), so tally was looking good by teatime (well into 6000's), but felt the need for a walk,( probably because we are now on our days off and homeless so feel the need to get out and about) As it had been raining heavily all day on and off I decided to stick to the main paths in the woods and went a new route which brought me out onto a road that I didn't know. Keeping the site location to my right all the time(A good tip for mazes by the way, keeping your hand on the boundary to your left) I eventually came to the Camping and Caravan site which is halfway point between our site and Sandringham House and once again I found my way back. Total 10787 That will do me.

Enjoy playing with your new cooker Carni, always a bit of a thrill when new kit arrives. Hope it serves you well for many meals to come.

Rog, hope you managed to get out and about on the trike. Weather is not being too kind at the moment, but hopefully you can dodge the downpours.

• Upvote 3

Managed a bit of a ride on the trike,thought about riding up the hill towards Boothby Graffoe then thought better of it,but will do it when the breathing gets a bit better,plenty of gardening done again and another engine powered lawn mower brought back to life,just the Honda engine powered one to sort out now,steps for yesterday though was 5487,not too many but now back at work and with over 250 emails to read and reply to I seem to have spent all day in the office.

New house for Darkazana,new cooker for carni,new pedometer for Katyjay,it's all going on in the stepping world int it?

Well carry on stepping your'e all doing great and the targets you are reaching are getting higher as well

Keeeeep stepping

Rog

• Upvote 1

Got the pedometer synced to my Tablet now. Boy oh boy, things have come a long way since my first pedometer, where I had to calibrate it by measuring steps on a measured distance. This one measures my sleep pattern, as well as everything else.

• Upvote 3

Sounds like a bit of top notch kit you got there Katyjay, look forward to reading about your step count and how you've achieved them

Rog

This morning we took a slightly different route on our cycles. We were out for three hours, mainly on country lanes that we haven't been down before, or i should say, "been up", because there seemed to be more uphills than down. We were both thrilled, because we managed to cycle up every one, without one of us giving in and walking. That is a first!

Our endurence is definately improving daily. We only got off the cycles to cross the busy A449 at the beginning of our journey and again at about the 12mile stage of the route, plus a couple of gates we had to open. Our mileomitor registered 16miles when we returned home and some of them were earned alot harder than others. I will still work on 2hrs at 7mph, even though we were out 2hrs 45mins, ish.

7,812 Cycling + Pedometer 3,080 (Earned, by mainly shopping) Total 10,892. Cool! I must say, neither of us have moved much in the latter part of the day.

Good Luck with the Fitbit Katyjay. Hope your days go well Pedometerists, I'm looking forward to reading your accounts of the day. Keeeeep Stepping.

• Upvote 2

My ped is a Garmin Vivofit, or summat like that. 2.15pm and I'm up to 10957 steps. Going for walkies this morning helped. Haven't walked in 3 weeks, so it is at least getting me moving.

• Upvote 4

There you go Katyjay. Just the thought of having one on, gets you motivated, It did me, it gives you an added interest. Don't forget to wear it when you have a round of Golf, I bet your steps will soon mount up. Mine is only a cheap one but it does enough for me, I can't tackle anything complicated. I hope you enjoy the Challenge Katyjay. :)

• Upvote 2

Day off yesterday and as we are homeless we had a day as tourists.

Hunstanton first and a walk along the front to the Sealife centre, which was full of primary school children (aaargh) but it was a fun visit (we had freebie tickets from the site) and we both even got a medal for touching a starfish!!!

Then lunch at the Lifeboat in Thornham - Fresh Crab salad for me followed by Orange Yogurt Pannecotta (yum yum)

Back to the van for a cuppa then out for a walk through Dersingham bogs

Total for the day, despite all the walking, 8173 not quite up to the 10000 mark but a lovely day.

Well done Katyjay on your first reading, it's quite surprising what you can rack up in a day without trying sometimes I think. One of our daughters makes 10000 steps a day just looking after her two boys!!

Carni, you are going from strength to strength, your distances increasing by the day, that's brilliant......should Bradley Wiggins be looking over his shoulder??

• Upvote 2