Pedometer challenge

Managed to get 11150 steps in yesterday, backwards and forwards from the plant to the office,Legs aching a bit now, Looks like Katyjay has the stepometer bug and putting in some good step counts,

Darkazana,8173 for a day at the seaside is great,far exceeds your 6000 step counts avarage when you took up the challenge

carni 10892 and improving daily as you say,you must hold the "Most improved" trophy for pedometerism great,keep up the good work

Keeeeeep stepping

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

Although I'm really fit, despite not doing much exercise apart from my ten mile jog every day and running the dog round the field...no, I don't, I'm only kidding..haha.

I am fit but I don't do any exercise apart from walking and playing with my dog on the fields. I suggested to my wife that I may join you all by getting a pedometer. She said that I don't do enough exercise to get a pedometer and sat there for about two hours giggling at the thought of it. That's just the encourage I was looking for...I don't think. She can be such a little rascal at times. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Just explain to your wife that you would like to become a member of the Nottstalgian pedometerist society,the up and coming group who are going places,then she how she laughs, you never know pedometerism (play on Darkazana's invented word for us) could become an Olympic sport,

Rog

Here's one Pedometerist who has gone slightly off the rails as regards my Step Count for the last two days. Yesterday we had an early morning cycle ride of 1hr 15mins, with no stops, which I am quite proud of. 4,886 but apart from that, the rest of my day was pottering around the house and garden with Ped on, 3,450. Total 8,336. Not brilliant but I'm happy with that count.

The cycle journey today was such a stop and start affair that it was impossible to work it out by timing. It was quite an arduous trip taking in 21 locks in a 2mile stretch! Today I will just add that the cycle ride was just under 13miles. To make matters worse, I looked at my Ped at 2.30pm and it was registering 2,820. The next time I looked at it, it read 9, so no Ped count today either!

Not a very organised person today. But, tomorrowI will get back on track. I have just caught up with all your Step Counts and Well Done Everyone.

Keeeeep Those Feet A Stepping. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

You've not gone off the rails Carni ...... but I'm afraid I have. I've not even put the pedometer on for about 2 weeks although I've still kept almost as active as when I was wearing it. I admire you all for keeping up with the challenge and keeping a record of your achievements, but I'll probably only put the pedometer back on my belt when I next go on a route march!

I think once you have worked out most of your routines, you can more or less guess your expected step count. We have approximately 10 regular routes and so long as we don't have too many hold ups, they don't vary much for each journey.

I enjoy the Ped Challenge, because it does add incentive on days when I need a bit of encouragement. We don't obsess about being exact, but we have had some laughs, especially when we are just walking round the shops and my other half, sidles up and whispers " One Hundred and Eighty". :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Well done everyone on the last couple of days.

Rog, must correct you, it was Carni who invented the Pedometrist word slywink

Wednesday was another day off for us and after a wander round Kings Lynn and some shopping we actually got our bikes out for the first time and cycled over to see our friends in Hillington, stayed for a cuppa and then cycled home in time for chilli, Fit bit was registering around 7000 steps before the bike ride, when we returned home it was on 10690 so it had registered something and that will do for me. (Ride was around 6 miles total and it took us around half an hour each way so averaged 6mph I guess)

Yesterday was back to work and a busy office day, so only 3239 steps on my fitbit, but I did have a yoga night of 1 hour 45 mins so a total of 7964 steps, a bit more acceptable :)

• Upvote 2

Well done darkazana, It is almost impossible to work out the exact steps for our other activities, apart from actual walking, but as we have said "It doesn't really matter" because this is only a guide for us Pedometerists to follow.

By the way if I make any royalties from the new word, I'm happy to share it with my "Step Buddies" :biggrin:

I'm not sure what our day holds yet, as we are grounded at the moment. BT are coming to do some work, and we have to wait in for a parcel to arrive this morning, they need the contents to carry out the change over? We are supposed to be able to track it, but aren't having any luck with that? Also the BT workmen are due sometime between 1pm and 6pm. That means, no plans yet. Ah well, I'll get a few household tasks out of the way.

Enjoy your day everyone. :biggrin:

My appologies for not giving the correct info re: CARNI's invented word (must have had another senior moment)What a nice warm day yesterday was,quite hot in the quarry,you get the sun beating down because you are in the open air and with the ground being covered in sand and gravel the reflected heat comes at you from there as well,did manage quite a bit of site walking though and reached a step count of just over 8000, not quite happy with that so I got in a quiet area of the site and did some walking on the spot for over half an hour,total step count finished as 9724,not quite the 10000 target but close enough, the guy's at work asked me what I was doing down the end of the site and when I told them they just shook their heads and put it down to my age (cheeky devils) anyway,thinking about the total amount of steps achieved by the Nottstalgia pedometerists we have probably walked around 3/4 of the earth,think about just under a meter per step/stride,add them all together and calculate total distance covered (maybe Chulla with his mathmatical brain could shed some light on this for us) just a thought

Keep them steps rolling in even if you only wear the ped occasionally Lizzie,well done

Keeeep stepping

Rog

OK plantfit, you say your step is just under a metre, so lets say one yard (36 inches) instead of one meter (39 inches). There are 1760 yards in a mile, and the distance around the equator is 24,901 miles. So, to have walked the equivalent distance of the earth's diameter you will have to walk 1760 x 24,901. When you have amassed 43,825,760 steps you will have achieved this.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that Chulla,don't know what our collective step count is now,perhaps Melissa could come up with some figures for us,it's just adding another dimension to the challenge.

Chulla you say in a previous post you have two pedometers but I dont see you posting any step counts, would be interesting to see what steps you get and how you come by them,don't be shy,it's not a competition it's a personal challenge and encouragement is given by all no matter what the count is,

Rog

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have been diagnosed with a bit of a heart problem, and the slightest exertion makes me breathless. I have been put on beta-blockers to slow my heart-rate down (it wasn't high). I do go for little short walks, which are more than enough. I am hoping that the tablets will make a difference - after a week or more, not much as yet. Apparently, my problem is heart muscles being stiff and not allowing enough blood flow. They are going to give me an MRI scan, so will have to see what they find. I feel fine, just get breathless too easily.

Wow! at the next meet-up carni and Lizzie, handbagging for the sole rights.

Don't think it is angina, Liz.

• Upvote 1

Chulla,you take it steady meduck,your mathmatical contributions on this thread make up for lack of steps,look after yourself and you will soon be back to good health

Rog

• Upvote 1

By co-incidence had the results of my visit to the cardiologist today. Reading what he says it doesn't sound too bad. Looked up what he thinks is a matter with me and find that Leonard Rossiter died of it! Better gather me rosebuds while I may!

• Upvote 3

Just go with what your Cardiologist says Chulla. As with all illnesses, some people have severe advanced problems and others alot milder, easier to treat or control. The internet is invaluable for somethings, but if you start reading the negative posts that people write, you can frighten yourself unnecessarily.

People like leonard Rossiter more than likely didn't know they had a problem until it was to late. You are now in the hands of a Cardiologist and so will get the best possible treatment.

• Upvote 4

As carni says,don't read anything medical you will worry for nothing and make yourself worse, just listen to the expert who is looking after you,he knows best

Rog

• Upvote 1

Sorry Lizzie, my fault, should have checked my facts noblue

Chulla, sorry to hear you have heart trouble, hope you get it sorted soon, and as Carni says don't go googling health stuff. I used to have a medical book in the long ago distant past and frightened myself silly at one stage, the only thing I didn't seem to have was leprosy....I threw the book away and have been in the best of health since (apart from my present little troubles)

While I'm here I'll put in todays steps so far....typical cleaning day, so out and about quite a bit and tidied up the Wildlife Area too as well as watering all the hanging baskets and potted plants all totalling up to 10167, and the night is as yet young :)