• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was born and brought up in Nottingham. Born July 1961. I have gone away from Nottingham for some 3 decades but I still consider it my home city. I do visit frequently, and for my tuppence worth, you

Before I completely disappear with embarrassment, can I add that I've learned a hell of a lot from everyone else since I started spouting on here. For example, when I was a kid I only really knew Cl

Well said Mercurydancer. This site is an absolute goldmine of shared memories and information. It has reminded me of many happy times. I have learned things about the area I lived in and also the part

I've just written lots and lots to Banjo, Stephen, SueB and Compo in reply to their posts then couldn't post it!!! I'm feeling a bit cross about that so I'll do it again when I get back from holiday. In Paris at the moment but I don't think there's Internet access where we're going - in the middle of nowhere in France! Really appreciate your replying to my post about Woodthorpe, though x

• Upvote 2

#16 Banjo, I, too, played in the brickyard, but several years before you, and watched my big brother sledging on Breckhill Fields - bit too scary and even dangerous for a very little girl! I also remember being chased off the little trucks on the brickyard. On the day before my wedding at Mapperley Methodist in March 1966, I went to the brickyard and picked some pussy willow to decorate the church, along with daffs from our garden and 2 bunches of flag irises which I BOUGHT! We lived nearly opposite one of the entrances to Woodthorpe Park - by the postbox on Woodthorpe Drive - and, when I was little, I thought the park actually belonged to us because it was such a big part of my life. A gang of lads and lasses used to all congregate in the shelter near the swings when I was a teenager, dance to music from a portable record player and generally show off, as you do at that age!

#17 Stephen, I never thought of Woodthorpe as classy when I was little, but as I grew older I realised that it probably was a bit! We were quite an ordinary family, though.

# 21 Sue, I had a long term boyfriend who lived down Private Road - that was fairly near to St Jude's I think?

#30 Compo, I don't think it was our house you stole washing from, you bad lad... It wouldn't have been mine anyway as I was living in Leicester by then.

• Upvote 2

Time difference Margie..... LOL

• Upvote 1