Well, it's been a long winter for me here in Caithness. There is still snow on the higher hills and the garden is well behind schedule. I usually get my brassicas planted out my late April/early May but this year they are still in pots and will have to stay there for a while yet. The ground temperature is still a couple of degrees to cold.

My digital thermometer is telling me that it is just 9.0°C outside at the moment (twenty past three in the afternoon) and the cold Northerly airflow is making it feel like Zero! However, there is still time for it to warm up and although it looks likek being a late harvest for me, I should still get some return for my efforts :)

It's all that global warming Compo...LOL

• Upvote 1

It's June next week and I am still cold....

I've just come in from the garden and I'm perished. I've put the fire on !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Very humid here, making it seem hotter than what it really is.

• Upvote 1

Lovely....... LOL

did some strimming over the back fence, weather red hot went round to the front of the house freezing cold.

hope it warms up fer yer soon compo.

• Upvote 1

NewBasfordlad: My new spuds are only just beginning to poke their noses up.

#9 Denshaw I say house Den but its actually a bungalow, quite a bit of ground over the fence theres a dyke that drains the farmers field with a strip a yard wide that gets overgrown, the farmer only maintains the bottom of the dyke and his side so I have a strip 90ft long. bleddy nightmare.