I used to like Australia's version of "Till Death Us Do Part". "Kingswood Country", never get away with those type of shows these days.

• Upvote 1

We all seem to be on the same wavelength here. Question becomes, why do we have to be stifled? We are accused of hate and worse if we dare to make a critical comment or a joke. Liberalism is very liberal until you dare to disagree with it. I am sick to death with PC.

• Upvote 1

On occasions loppylugs I make the odd comment on the NEP website.

One story in particular was yesterdays offering about a bloke who had a sex change operation & was entering some beauty competition or other for transgenders, whatever they may be.

Being the NEP my post was quickly deleted ! So nowadays we are not allowed to go against the "Flow" in regard to politically correct or incorrect stories.

My personal view is that I think this case in particular is offensive & disgusting. I will never accept that homosexual behaviour is normal or proper. I have no problem if anyone thinks otherwise either, each to their own I say.

Even schools teach that homosexuality is OK, & it's OK to have two same sex parents, political correctness ? bah bleedin humbug.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-woman-represent-city-Miss-Transgender/story-26651010-detail/story.html

• Upvote 4

Sorry catfan but I really am offended by what you say. My brother is gay. he was born gay. He's always known he was gay. Do you really think he should have been told at school that his very being was wrong. You might as well preach that schools should tell black children that it's not OK to be black. Science has proven that being homosexual or heterosexual is determined in the womb, it's not a choice. Other primates exhibit homosexual behaviour so it's not purely human either. And just to make you seethe with anger, my brother and his partner have adopted a young boy. They are providing a loving home where their now son will hopefully grow up not to have prejudices against other people simply because they are different to him.

Let's move on to transgender. Studies wityh fMRI scans have shown that men and women's brains respond to certain stimuli differently. In transgender men to women, these scans demonstrate female pattern brains in male bodies. They really are women trapped in men's bodies. Back in the late 70's there was a 5 year old child belonging to one of my men. The child was born and raised as a girl, but over the first few years of life it became apparent that there were male genitalia developing as well as the earlier obvious female genitalia. If the child decided to 'become' a male in later life, he would be one of these transgenders that seem to offend you.Sexuality and even gender can be complicated. Just because you were lucky enough to have been born totally in one camp (if you'll excuse the obvious pun) please don't look down on others who were born differently. You see gay men and women every day without any clue that they are gay. Why does it bother you what they choose to do in their own love lives? Would you go back to the days when Stephen Fry would be a criminal?

• Upvote 1

DJB, how totally wrong you are again as in most of your posts. My views on Homsexuality are what I believe to be right & proper, how on earth can you or anyone else say the act of lovemaking between two men (or women) is normal ? When in my opinion it is not.

As homosexuality goes I have no axe to grind against anyone being homosexual or lesbian, thats their business not mine, all I am saying is that I consider their behaviour to be not conventional.

To say someone is born homosexual is beyond laughter, don't you think some kids growing up in a homosexual household are biased to be homosexual when they grow up ? After all, they are being taught that "Their" behaviour is normal, when it isn't.

How on earth can you accuse me of being racist ! why would I tell a black child it's not OK to be black ? I have never been accused of something so silly in all my days !!

I could say some of my best friends are black, including my "Best Man", sister in law & other relatives, but I won't waste my breath convincing you of your futile attempts to ridicule me.

In a nutshell DJB you are totally off the mark, in fact Mrs Catfan's daughter is a lesbian, who I love as a step daughter dearly, whose (Daughter's) son grew up to be homosexual ! However I say again, I am NOT racist, homophobic, anti - semetic or anti any bleddy thing else. All I say DJB I have absolutely no issues how people choose to live their life, BUT I will live mine as I see fit in a "Proper way", Hetrosexual yes, homosexual no.

• Upvote 1

If you don't realise that people are born homosexual then it's because you are wholly ignorant of the scientific facts. I din't call you homophobic or racist but your views are just plain wrong headed. You can't say it's not natural when it even occurs in other species. It's not learned behaviour, it IS natural. You didn't make a choice to be attracted to women any more than a homosexual makes the choice of what attracts him/her. As such it's only right and proper that children are taught not to see homosexuality as 'lesser' or something to be despised or ridiculed. My reference to black was because it's exactly the same thing, it's an innate charcteristic. Suggesting that it's not OK to be homosexual is the same as saying it's not OK to be black, jewish, disabled or female. They are all characteristics that you are born with and have no say over. I defy you to teach someone to be attracted to someone of the same sex if they aren't already homosexual. Do you really think you could be taught to be homosexual? You? If not, why do you think it happens to others?

• Upvote 1

Me and the family used to watch programmes like Love Thy Neighbour and 'Til Death Us Do Part. I can't say I found them that funny back then. These days they are nothing short of cringe-worthy. As a society, I would hope we have become more enlightened. It's not about Un PC or PC, it's just about common human decency.

Wether people are born homosexual or not is not my point, my point is that I don't accept homosexuality as normal behaviour, no amount of debate will change my views. If I meet homosexuals socially, all well & good, it's their lifestyle choice, best of luck to anyone if that is what they desire. But my views will not change.

Homosexuals & their supporters go through life trying to justify their lifestyle, it works on some, but not all. I defend the right to free speech without being wrongly accused of being homosexual or racist.

We could argue the toss til the cows come home, that will get get us nowhere, lets just agree to disagree !!

• Upvote 1

Did anyone see 'Are you being served' yesterday ? John Inman wrestling Jackie Pallo,very very funny.

In my experience, the gay friends that I have always seem to be Happy and carefree.

Unlike some of the sickos I have come across who are not 'Gay'