A member of my family was in the news this week, attending the Arnold Carnival. He's represented Great Britain for quite a while now.

11137176_709699915824946_390159848588481

Thanks to everyone that visited the Arnold carnival at the weekend to help us support local SportsAid taekwondo star, Cameron Booth who has made the Team GB squad for Latvia.
The team raised £146 so far and are continuing their raffle into July. We’d like to pass on our thanks to Nottingham Taekwondo Club and Cameron for their fantastic demo.

• Upvote 10

This is the true face of Nottinghams youth, well done to the lad and good luck to him and the team in Latvia

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
There was some great news about Cameron Booth this week. My family are all so proud of him.

BREAKING: NOTTINGHAM TAEKWONDO CLUB TRIO BECOME BRITISH CHAMPIONS:

We're pleased to report that 3 of the Nottingham Taekwondo Club's Students become BRITISH CHAMPIONS - in their categories - today at the British Taekwondo National Championships 2015.

They are:
Tyron Moores-Duffield Junior Males -59KG
Adrian Wagstaffe Junior MALES -78KG and;
Cameron Booth Junior MALES -51KG

****CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL 3 - WE'RE EXTREMELY PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU***

• Upvote 9

I'm glad that you're so proud of him Michael. It's amazing what a little bit of parental praise and encouragement can do for a child's confidence. Pity there's not more of it around.

• Upvote 1