I have been trying to contact you Dat47 by messenger.

Have you received any of my messages ?

Noticed you have now posted a couple of times on here recently, so hope you are ok?

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My husband (Rob) is not well at all, he had 6 lots of chemo & seemed to be doing really well,but suddenly took ill again & spent a week in hospital having C.T. scans & drips, but since coming home he is so weak,has no energy,no appetite & generally poorley. He is starting radiotherapy on Monday,his consultant seems to think he will benefit from it. We are game for anything,to have the old Rob back. So that is why you haven't heard from us,& I am useless with the lap top,(have to wait for our grandsons to help me!)

Thanks for letting us know about your husband, dat47. I'm really sorry to learn of Rob's health problems. I can understand what you are going through because my wife is also having chemo. She has been to the hospital today for her chemo and I'm waiting for her to return with my eldest daughter, who went with her. My wife has also suffered the same problems as Rob but it's something you have to go through to get better. Keep us informed about Rob's progress and always remember that if you're feeling a bit down and worrying about Rob, come onto Nottstalgia where you'll find a lot of friendly people who'll love to hear from you. Give Rob my best wishes and I hope he starts to feel better soon. Bye, Michael.

• Upvote 5

What more can I add........ As above !!!!

• Upvote 1

I have been reading your posts Michael,& sending our love to you your wife & family.We really are being looked after by both the hospital,our own G.P. & the home nursing team,(a fantastic set of ladies) allways there for a cuddle & a chat.We have some good friends (nottstalgia included) & a wonderful son & d in law. as well as 3 gorgeous garandchildren who certainly keep Robbie going,talking sportetc. Thank you all so much. Love Ann xx Hope everything went well to day for your wife Michael.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to read that your husband is ill Dat47. As Michael says, Keep us informed off Robs progress and we are all here if you want to chat. We send you all our best wishes.

• Upvote 2

So sorry to hear about Rob.

Along with everyone on this site I hope that things get better for all you soon.

With very good wishes from Smiffy49

• 4 months later...

I received some sad news today that dat47 had sadly passed away after a long battle.

I'm sure that everyone on this forum will themselves be greatly saddened by this news.

R.I.P. data47

I'm so sorry to learn that your husband Robbie has passed away, Ann and I send you and your family my condolences. Robbie was a well respected and popular Member of Nottstalgia and will be missed by us all. It seems you have a lovely family, Ann, and you'll need their love and comfort to get through this difficult time. Always remember that you'll always be welcome on Nottstalgia, Ann.

dat47 (Robbie) R.I.P.

• Upvote 1

My sincerest condolences to Robs family.