Maybe it's due to lack of use.... LOL

• Upvote 1

Bordeaux mixture, none toxic, basically copper sulphate, best used with an oil mix that can be bought with it... Used on fruit trees in organic orchards.

Here in the UK Bordeaux mixture had it's approval withdrawn in November 14 and will be banned from sale from November 15.

No, Don't tell me... I am keen to Guess?

E.U. Directive #?

Actually, it's not expensive Mick, as the EU has stupedly banned it, do a search on line for copper sulphate retailers, it's the chemical name for the stuff...There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

They won't have banned copper sulphate as it's used in the electro plating industry. It's not dangerous, but don't get eating it, it's a pretty blue colour...LOL

It's just been reclassified Mick, you can still get it as Bordeau mixture...it's the common anti fungal spary in vineyards against several types of moulds... I use it on my apple trees.

http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/523fe718-95d8-42e4-b28c-6c8cfe58dcfa

Well slugs and snails can eat it then...LOL You'll have to check up on what mix you'll be needing Mick, there is also an oil you can mix with it to stop the rain wasing the spary off your plants.

RHS web site is the place to look for information. B M was withdrawn from sale 30/11/14. Remaining stocks to be used or destroyed by 30/11/15.

There is also info on there about do's and don'ts like excluding livestock for 3 weeks etc.

Further research will inform you of the problems suffered by the chaps who mine it. Death being one of them.

Copper sulphate is made by an industrial process, I know copper ore is mined, usually in the huge open pits.

Isn't copper sulphate also fed to cattle suffering chronic copper deficiency??

ALL mining has some inherent health risks, worst of all is uranium, cinnabar, lead and anthracite.

I'd have though chemicals like Roundup herbicide was far more toxic than copper sulphate.

Your right about roundup being the more toxic that's for sure.

All I am doing is pointing out the situation on this side of the pond.

After all you can still have handguns the buggers over banned them to at great, no very great public expense. If ever the tax payers find out how compensation was needed for that little exercise they will do their nut.